Chapter 36

In this past one week, I’ve miraculously noticed that there has been some bizarre phenomena happening little by little inside my home. For example, there was a razor in the bathroom, a medical book in the bedroom, packets of instant noodles that disappears at night in the kitchen, and this weirdly-shaped bone on the dining table…..

When I saw that piece of bone so outwardly displayed on the table, I decided that I could no longer tolerate this matter, if this keeps up, he’s going to be able to successfully move his entire house over. With this thought in mind, I carried the bone and stormed in front of Jungkook who was typing some academic papers on his laptop. “What is this?” I threw the bone on the computer’s desk.

He glanced sideways, then answered my question calmly and seriously, “Bone.” 

His state of being unfazed has tapered most of my anger but I still forced myself to assume an air of loftiness, “I know that it’s a bone, I mean, what is it doing on the dining table? You don’t think I didn’t notice you secretly moving some things over here!”

Jungkook’s fingers left the keyboard, he turned his head on my direction, giving me a very innocent look, and said, “I didn’t think so.”

…….Eh, he……..didn’t?

I felt that I was like a bulging balloon while Jungkook was holding a needle in his hand, reaching out to poke me, and my belly that’s full of gas was letting out a screeching cry as it deflates to miles away.

As he noticed that I wasn’t talking for a very long time, he just turned around to continue with what he was doing on his laptop, so I hurriedly said, “Then……then, how can you just leave this bone model lying around the dining table!”

Jungkook looked at the bone, furrowing his brows, then he looked at me, and said, “If I’m not mistaken, this was the bone in the bone soup I made last night.”

………..

What happened yesterday was, I was suddenly craving for some pork bone soup with lotus roots. So I looked up the recipe online, and then went outside to buy the ingredients. I waited for Jungkook to come home from work, sweet talked him into reading the recipe, and sweet talked him again into cooking the soup. So to say, if the dogs could be trained, then men could also be trained, and besides……..okay, let’s not mention it.

Jungkook cooked a big pot of soup. After eating our fills, there was still a lot of it left on the pot so I reheated it for breakfast this morning. Jungkook ate two bowls, then told me he’d go downstairs first and would just wait for me inside the car, so I hurriedly tried to finish eating the rest. When I was done, I looked at the big pieces of bones lying at the bottom of the pot. I was thinking if I don’t chew them clean it would surely benefit our landlord’s pet dog which kept on barking loudly every time it would catch sight of me coming home. However, I only managed to chew one bone clean when Jungkook’s ‘death chain call’ came. He asked, “What are you dilly-dallying for? If you won’t come down this instant, I will not send you to work ever again.” I’m actually the type of person who shouldn’t be rushed into doing something, lest I’d commit errors in a hundred and one ways once I get flustered. In a hurry, I cleared the table from the pot and bowls, afterwhich, Jungkook has already rushed upstairs to drag me out. Hence, the only bone which I chewed clean was left to dry on the dining table for the entire day. After attending to a myriad of daily affairs, I’ve long forgotten this brief episode that has occurred this morning, and as a result………

“Haha.” I continuously let out a hollow laugh, “It seems like it.”

I looked at him, his complexion doesn’t look good at all, so I complimented him with a smiling face, “You can even recognise that it was the bone from last night, you……you’re very familiar with these things.”