Chapter 40

In the night, my phone messages beeped loudly and endlessly, I truly was very sleepy, just as I was en route of climbing to get my mobile phone, I lay on my stomach on top of Jungkook’s body and fell asleep. The next morning upon waking up, Jungkook kept harping on how half of his body had been pushed down on till it was numb, and how women were truly difficult to support and so on.

Only on the road of him sending me to work when I fished out my mobile phone to look at the time did I recall the text messages from last night, opening them up to have a look, they unexpectly were sent by Big Senior, I shook my phone to indicate to Jungkook, “Big Senior’s text messages.”

He shot over a glance, “If there’s nothing much, don’t reply him.”

I shrugged my shoulders, “He sent quite a few texts……”

I opened up the texts one by one, in order to formulate (what he said) smoothly and naturally, I won’t especially emphasise on exactly which numbered text it was, in any case there were many.

With regard to its length, it was roughly the length of a composition of a Grade 6 Primary School student; with regard to its emotion, it was probably closer to daily life than ‘The Comprehensive Collection of Love Letters’; with regard to its content ideology, it had a review of the past, anxiety about the present as well as despair about the future; with regard to its punctuation, what ought to be used were all used, what ought not to be used were all not used…… Should I talk about its content, I must I must……

He said, "Lisa, I still remember the first day of the start of school, at that time, I was in the toilet, and heard a melodious female voice in the dorm saying, ‘I’ll come and help you wipe your bed board, all right.’ When I came out, Jungkook was hanging up a mosquito net while you were inside the mosquito net wiping the bed board, across the mosquito net, you waved the cleaning rag facing me and said, ‘Hello fellow student’. At that time, it was as if something struck at my heart, the moment you left I asked Jungkook who you were, he said (you were) his girlfriend. Only after a very long time when I heard you talk about the history of you chasing after Jungkook that was full of glories, blood and tears, did I know that I had been tricked by him. I went to interrogate him, he contrary to what one would expect was very unperturbed, saying that it went without saying that you ought to be his girlfriend, there was nothing extraordinary about whether the timing was earlier or later.’

Reading till here, I couldn’t help but turn my head to the side to glance at Jungkook, he sensed my line of sight and reciprocated by sweeping a quick look at me, he was unable to make sense of it, “What’s up?”

“Nothing.” I lowered my head and continued to read the text messages:

‘However, I didn’t like you that much, at least after getting acquainted with Momo in your dorm with an hourglass figure, I liked her more. I always joked with you that if I had known earlier, I would have chased after you, actually I was taking pleasure in that moment that Jungkook’s face would darken every time I said those words, it gave me a sort of pleasure of revenge. When I knew that you guys had broken up, I even bought a bottle of red wine, went home and celebrated together with a movie, I wanted to wait for a while till you forgot about Jungkook and I forgot about Momo, we would then make do with each other and live our days, however while I could forget Momo, you couldn’t forget Jungkook. Also, I’m very sorry about that matter that I brought up, these few years have passed by, you all haven’t changed, it is only me who has changed, sometimes, I too will be frightened, how did I compel myself step by step to turn into this shameless manner, most likely you are also unable to understand how much internal battle between celestial beings there was in my heart when I wanted you to persuade Jungkook. Typing out such serious content, it really is very unlike me. Lastly, I hope that you guys can quarrel or maybe break up over these texts of mine. PS, if you guys get married, don’t inform me.’