Chapter 41

Every now and then, work gets very dull…alright, I was just being modest, it ‘often’ gets very dull, however that wasn’t the case today. Today, a client made me want to swear, made me want to scream, jump up and smash my computer to pieces with my foot, made me want to follow his line connection, climb to get inside his computer, then crawl out from his monitor looking like Sadako, throttle his neck, lift him, and throw him against the wall.

This client asked me to alter 23 design drafts. Not only that, he made me change the background colour of the photos of their products for around ten times, for instance, changing the #0bdb41 green with a #09dc3f green. I swear, whoever dares to say that they could tell the difference between these two colours with their naked eye, I will use a compass to poke them blind.

When Suga who was in his office yelled, “Lisa, go make me a cup of coffee.” I glared at him coldly through the open door which quickly made him clamor frantically out of his office to instead make me a cup of a coffee. When he placed the coffee on my desk, he said, “Don’t be angry, the market of their products is quite large. If it wasn’t because he was difficult to work with to a degree where he’s already hated by both men and gods, he wouldn’t have turned to our company. You’ve worked hard, I’ll go out to buy you egg tarts for your afternoon tea!”

When Nayeon heard it, she immediately craned her neck at us, and yelled, “I want egg tarts too!”

Suga shot her a dark and chilly gaze, and said, “Oh, is that so? Then Miss Accountant, would you like to hand in the accounts I asked you to do yesterday?”

Nayeon shifted back to her computer.

When Suga left, Nayeon said, “A pile of rotten accounts, tell me how I can finish it in one day! I want to give my husband a call to cry and complain.”

I was beside her laughing so hard as I was listening in on her acting coquettishly on the phone call with her husband, saying, “Hubby, hubby, quickly invent a machine that can turn nasty people into fine powder. I want to turn that Suga into fine powder and dissolve him in water for you to drink. I am sick of him. I’m going to have him nourish your body………”

I gave it some thought, I too fished out my phone to call Jungkook. My call rarely gets answered by him. Oftentimes, when I give him a call, they are received by other people. So I gently and cautiously probed, “Hello, Jungkook?”

“What?” There has always been a very distinctive quality to Jungkook’s manner of speaking — precise and brief with a hint of indifference.

I twisted a finger around my phone strap, “Nothing la, it’s just that I have a client who is very loathsome……”

“I’m busy right now, just wait for my call.” He said, then I heard the beeping of a busy tone from the other side.

I had no choice but to put my phone away, Nayeon was still bickering with her husband, speaking one minute then being quiet the next. I looked at her side profile for a long while, she was baring her fangs and brandishing her claws but with a happy smile plastered on her face, upon seeing her smile I also couldn’t help but smile.

It has always been said that everyone’s happiness is similar yet everyone’s misery is different. In fact, I don’t think so. It’s true that there’s different kinds of misery, but there’s also different kinds of happiness. It’s just that, those people who can make us happy has always been the same ones.

You see, Nayeon’s husband answering her calls for a chitchat is happiness. Jungkook hanging up on me is also happiness. Forget what I said…..it sounds almost as if I’m a sick masochist……

About ten minutes later, my phone was ringing inside my bag, I thought it was Jungkook so I searched for it in a flurry only to find out that it was actually Suga. He said he had to stay outside for a little longer as he has something to do, and that the egg tarts were already bought and was handed over to somebody inside the building for safekeeping, I had to go down to take it.