003.

003. chariot racing: the musical

WITH THE fact that chariot races were being reinstated, cadie wanted to get away from all of that as quickly as she could. others might be excited, like the rest of the apollo kids, but she certainly was not. there was a reason the chariot races were banned a while ago. and that's because of injuries and deaths. and although most of her cabin was excited, they all still hated the fact it was reinstated. but since the prize didn't sound half bad, they didn't mind.

but it was too late to properly care about that now. she wasn't participating and was only being forced there because of both her friends. cam refused to take part, another way of him trying to prove how much of a pacifist he was. and lilly was told her inhumane speed might be counted as cheating by tantalus, so she was told she couldn't actually be on a team either. which at least brought a common enemy to the group of friends. but they never liked the new director anyways, so this just made them hate him more.

"if we can't even participate," cadie whined, "then why are we going?"

"because we can," shrugged lilly, "and also because i'm currently feeling like i want to watch some dumbasses fall of their chariots."

"that's nice of you isn't it," cam commented sarcastically before looking over to cadie, "and don't worry. i didn't exactly want to go either."

"that's because you refuse to drop your pacifist thing," lilly noted.

"it's not a pacifist thing," huffed cam, "it's a way you should treat everybody. nicely and without violence."

"yes but i've seen you on multiple accounts turn into a raging, violent, psychopath," lily explained.

"you also nearly knocked a camper out when you whacked them with your leg," piped in cadie.

"i don't know what you're talking about," cam shrugged.

"denial's always the first step to acceptance, cam," cadie's sing-song voice called.

"go back to ogling jackson, why don't you cadie?"

look. whatever anybody tells you, cadie didn't mean to kill a bunch of demon pigeons. and she swears that she didn't use the song either (no, for real. she didn't). she'd been minding her own business, not watching the chariot race at all, when she spotted a flock of them trying to peck at someone's chariot. percy jackson's chariot, to be specific. she didn't know what godly force suddenly took over her body, but within a blink of an eye she was holding her piccolo in position to play. and with another blink of an eye, she'd caused two of the demon pigeons to fall dead to the ground. it wasn't like the death song... but it still caused them to die. another high note rang out and one of the pigeons... literally blew up. add that into the mix of percy, annabeth and tyson doing gods knows what... well-

look it wasn't her fault.

and she'd keep bluffing her way with that lie, until she died. which was approximately in... around three years. but the sad thing is, cadie is a shit liar. so... her lie lasted for about-

"oh no it wasn't just percy jackson and his little friends- no! the- you! yes you- what's her name- cadencia diaz!"

well... you can see where it all went to shit. and to add to that, it went bad real quick. within seconds she was tugged away and shoved away. tantalus sent them to kitchen patrol- which they'd have to face after dinner.

"i thought chiron said no singing!" cam spoke, poking cadie's shoulder, "so what was that?"

"i swear i didn't sing," cadie spoke, holding up her hands, "i swear it. it was-"