006.

006. come to the dark side we have false advertisement

CADIE BELIEVED that annabeth chase was wholeheartedly insane for wanting to go in alone. even if she did have her cap of invisibility, it was an insane idea. because- oh, i dunno- she might get killed?! just a little looksie into that made cadie wonder why she had even agreed to going here in the first place. once again, she sort of blames percy. his whole heroic look and his words should have been illegal. because they got her into situations like this. and boy oh boy was she not happy right now.

"either we all go or nobody goes," percy hissed back, "so can it with your self-sacrificing stuff."

"nobody!" voted tyson, with cadie nodding along. tyson currently held the common sense package of the group, and cadie respected the cyclops more than the ideas from the deranged yet sensible athena kid and the floofy-haired poseidon kid. "please?"

but in the end (once again, with percy's persuasion. you can see a recurring pattern here), both tyson and cadie went along too. they stopped at their cabin long enough for them to all get their stuff, deciding whatever happened, they probably wouldn't be staying another night aboard the zombie cruise ship- even if they did have million-dollar bingo.

cadie shoved her car keys into her pocket, hoping perhaps that would silence the jangling which annabeth said might blow their cover. she looked around nervously. it was silent. percy and annabeth had to hardly speak to each other before they understood each other. and tyson even was picking up what was happening. although cadie had somehow been needed on the quest, she couldn't feel anything but useless. why was she on the quest when it seemed she was basically an outsider? annabeth held some weird hostility to her (perhaps it was because she got off on the wrong foot with lilly and in result her? or maybe she was just territorial of friends) and cadie couldn't look at percy without blurting out something completely stupid.

what they were doing was actually pretty smart. they had tyson carry stuff (superstrength of a cyclops and all) and annabeth scouted around with her invisibility cap. every time somebody passed by, they hid. but even then, most people were just glassy-eyed zombies.

as they came up to the stairs to deck thirteen, where the admiralty suite was supposed to be, annabeth hissed suddenly, "hide!" and then shoved them in a supply closet.

cadie felt herself squish up against percy, and tried for a look that said, hey- didn't see you there. but it probably came out as more of a fuck this is really uncomfortable kind of look.

but in all honesty- she saw why annabeth had shoved them in. or... she didn't see- more so she heard. footsteps came rom what she could assume were the staff down the hall. but the voice seemed so familiar... she must've heard it before.

"you see that aethiopian drakon in the cargo hold?" one of them said.

the other laughed, "yeah, it was awesome! i hear they got two more coming. if they keep arriving at this rate, oh, man- no contest!"

"i know that voice," murmured cadie to herself, "is that..?"

"chris rodriguez!" annabeth said, "from cabin eleven."

percy put on a confused little pout (which looked very endearing) and cadie nodded. although annabeth wasn't talking to her, she knew who he was, "cabin eleven. unclaimed. i've talked to him a few times... he left though, didn't he?"

"what's another half-blood doing here?"

annabeth shook her head, clearly not wanting to answer the question.