004.

004. uncle apollo is the wine stepmom (if that makes sense)

CADIE HAD never met lord apollo before. but from the words spoken by artemis, she'd decided he thought of her as family. which was kind of strange- but she didn't question it. if he was anything like his children, she believed she wouldn't hate him that much. though generally, cadie didn't hate the gods- because the phrase and thought in itself was practically signing a death wish. and sure, cadie was going to die- but she rather liked living as long as her fate allowed, thank you very much. the gods were strange, fate was even stranger. but one thing cadie knew for sure was that she was tired and she wanted sleep.

she didn't know how long it would be until she got it, though. because although artemis had assured them all that dawn was coming, it hardly looked like that. still bitter cold, the sense of lost laid waste the harsh cold air. it was colder and darker, snowier than ever. she shivered, her cardigan doing nothing for her. air rushed around like it was doing a fast jig around them, she suspected the wind gods must've been enjoying themselves. her eyes felt dry- like they might freeze open. her fingers were cold, her cheeks were probably past bright red.

it was so cold now that cadie almost felt warm. the weird and odd feeling that she didn't like. after staying outside for so long, her body had stopped freezing and was pushing her into a false sense of warmth. she wondered how they hadn't got hypothermia yet.

she let out a little weak whimper from the cold. she huddled closer to her friends, looking around. upp on the hill, westover hall's windows were completely lightless. she wondered if any of the teacher has even noticed the di angelos and dr thorn were missing. with the luck they had, mrs gottschalk would remember their names only and they'd be in some big legal issues. not like percy hadn't experienced that before- perhaps he could give her pointers on how to not died and stuff such as that.

the hunters broke camp as quickly as they'd set it up. she heard shuffling from beside her, and she saw percy step closer to her- tingles shooting through her body. shut up, she snapped to herself. percy's trying to explain what happened. it wasn't her fault annabeth's weird words had stuck with her. not at all, if anything- this was not her fault. had she said that already? well, it wasn't her fault. she didn't mean to think like that.

grover let out a nervous bleat as percy finished recounting everything. "the last time the hunters visited camp, it didn't go well."

"how'd they even show up here?" percy wondered, "i mean they just appeared out of nowhere."

"and bianca joined them," thalia said in a disgusted tone, "it's all zoë's fault. that stuck-up, no good, little fucking-"

"who can blame her?" grover said, "eternity with artemis?" he heaved a big sigh.

thalia rolled her eyes, "you satyrs. you're all in love with artemis. don't you get that she'll hever love you back?"

"but she's so... into nature," swooned grover.

thalia made a 'blegh' sound and scoffed, "you're nuts."

grover let out a little dreamy sigh, "yeah... nuts and berries."

there was silence for a moment before thalia let out a frustrated huff and stomped her foot, shivering immediately after, "it's so dumb! and now she wants to recruit cadie? are you kidding me?! and she's acting so weird- why'd she call you delphi- whatever it was... it's creepy... that's not you!"