011.

011. a cadie attack

CADIE FELT exposed... scared... a lot of things, actually. and another thing, she woke up with the worst pain in her neck since forever. quite frankly as she woke, touching and hissing at the pain in her neck and the stiffness of her body- as she woke with a glare on her face and the worst headache in the world- her face numb and her mind dead- cadie should've seen the signs from there. a rude awakening, if you call it. a terrible way of waking up in the morning... or whatever time this was right about now.

the sun was far too bright, and cadie glared at it- a sudden horrible feeling seeping into her bones. she felt shaky, a bit more old- like her dreams had somehow aged her. she stared at lilly who was still asleep before she glared back at the sun. maybe it was rude of her, maybe it was a bit dumb of her- but she held her hand up to the sky and slowly lowered fingers until her middle finger was the one left. with that, she waved it around, hoping maybe apollo could see it.

sighing, she nudged lilly a bit- no response. then she remembered, her and lilly had previously had a little disagreement the night before. cadie huffed, hands clasping the side of her head as she lowered it so her hair fell in front of her. it seemed nothing would be going right for her this day, and the terrible acts that followed her awakening seemed to be a sign from fate. bitches, she huffed to herself- something she'd have probably cowared to say a year ago.

who am i not annoyed at or have not annoyed? was the first thought that genuinely wandered through her head. there was thalia, but she didn't think waking her up would get her on her good side. her and zoë were still awkward. there was grover- but he was down below with thalia... along with percy.

percy.

somehow his existence was annoying her this morning. her dreams were confusing, really confusing. and as she sat up in the car seat that had been pulled back, she wore a scowl of confusion. she thought back to every dream she'd had before and then back to that dream where she'd spoken to her past lives. percival, percy, priscilla, percino there were several derivations.

she paused, her whole body frozen in it's crouched position. her eyebrows relaxed from the tense confused look it was placing on her face and instead they dropped back down to what they were usually. no.

she scrambled to try and stand on her car seat.

the names were too similar to disagree with.

she looked around, as if any idiot would be staring at her going through the five stages of grief on a fucking freight train. she continued though, palms sweating, head shaking. nope. nope. no-

it's like teen wolf, cam's imaginary voice said, buzzing around her mind like an annoying gnat, once is an incident, twice is a coincidence, three is a pattern. four is a warrant- but in this case you went way beyond that.

you're up to damn soulmates right about now, annabeth's imaginary voice said.

soulmates.

the word made cadie's skin crawl with fear. soulmates where meant to be together forever, destined to be together until they died in each other's arms. destined to be eternal. eternal happiness, eternal joy, eternal love... what cadie had was far from that. she had a death prophecy, for one thing- and she had no feelings towards percy whatsoever (because that's dumb! of course she doesn't) and if she had to finally suck up her fear of performing for the fates along with whoever else (ahem, aphrodite) then she'd damn well do that too.