005.

005. stowawaying 101 with cadie

CADIE DIDN'T know why lilly was calling her from the beach since lilly could simply just run their way over to her. they could run on water for goodness sake, why was she calling her? as you can see, cadie should've seen the signs almost... immediately. curse her for being such a good friend. she ran a hand through her hair (that was still feeling strangely light because most of it had been cut off), before walking over, returning her flute to their car-key form as she called, "lilly? lilly why are you calling me? you do realise you can just run over to me? gods of olympus," she snorted, rolling her eyes, "how fucking dumb can you- oh."

she blinked, "you're not lilly."

"no," agreed percy, staring at her as he pointed to her hair, "you have new hair."

"uh- yeah," she nodded awkwardly, "i do. i... why are you here? i mean not that it's bad- i'm just saying i thought i heard lilly-"

"you're coming with me," percy spoke, throwing a duffel bag at her, "and we're having a two more coming."

"i'm coming with you?" she repeated in a squeak, "...what do you mean?"

"i mean you're coming with me," nodded percy, before turning to great the 'two other people' cadie assumed were being forced to go to, "annabeth! ..tyson!"

"what is going on?" annabeth demanded, "i heard you calling for help!"

"me too!" nodded tyson, "heard you yell, bad things are attacking!"

"i didn't call you guys," percy said, "but... well never mind. listen. we don't have much time." and then, he quickly told them exactly what had happened with hermes. by the time he was finished, cadie heard the faint sound of screeching in the distance.

cadie sighed in annoyance, turning to them as she awkwardly said, "please cover your ears."

"what-"

she picked up her piccolo and played a quick jig that caused the harpies to drop to the ground. annabeth and percy stared at her alarmingly whist tyson clapped and grinned.

"did you kill them?"

"kill them?" snorted cadie, "no. no. i sent them to sleep. now onto this quest thing. i'm not going."

"you don't understand," annabeth spoke, shaking her head, "we have to."

"we'll get expelled," percy added, looking at annabeth and tyson- as if trying to convince them not to go, "trust me, i'm an expert at getting expelled."

cadie waved her hand around the air, before pointing at percy- her face burning. see what i mean?! her hands seemed to gesture, expelled. bad things! no!

"so? if we fail," annabeth argued, "there won't be any camp to come back to. i promised to keep you you from danger. so i'm coming."

annabeth seemed to have a different agenda to cadie.

"no," said percy, shaking his head, "hermes only said cadie had to go. so-"

"as i said," cadie spoke, "not. going."

"and why's that?"

"b-because..." she mumbled, faltered, "it's not me! i already have shit to deal with dude. i don't... i don't want to get myself killed even more. you can't be double dead. i just want to stay at camp and spend my summers as i have previously. with my two friends. trying not to screw shit up. i don't want to go. i'm not a hero like you guys!" she panicked, "i'm not special, i'm not cool and quirky! i can't raise the sea like percy can! i can't come up with battle strategies as quick as annabeth. i can't even... do what tyson does! i'm not tall!"