- 6 -

BEE POV

***

FEBRUARY 27TH - EVENING

I kicked off my shoes after a long day of taking orders and yelling at teenagers who had absolutely no idea what they were doing. It was just after 8:15, and Kayla was bound to be here any minute. She always arrived early; that's what I liked about her.

I scrolled through twitter, and then through tinder, swiping left on almost everyone. I was still getting a bunch of notifications from twitter as people liked and replied to my tweets. I wondered what else I needed to do to get a platform. I had a Youtube channel that was also growing quite quickly, but I only every posted my streams there for those who didn't have twitch. I had a TikTok, but only had a few videos on there.

Maybe I should start dancing like Charli D'amelio or whatever her name is. Hm. I'd ask Kayla about it.

I continued to swipe left on the men and women on my tinder. Since I lived in Texas, half of them were republicans, and if they weren't, they were interested in things completely different from me. I did see one guy that I swiped right on, though. His name was Nick, and looked pretty interesting. He had a cat, I noticed, and nothing in his profile suggested that he liked denying gay people their rights. I had set my range for the entire state, so it didn't surprise me that he was about two and half hours away from me.

I shrugged and swiped right. Nothing else happened--so it was a lost cause anyways. Ugh, I should just go back to women.

Kayla barged into my apartment guns blazing.

"Alright, bitch, tell me what the deal is. Did he break your heart? Are you getting married? What's up?" She plopped down on my bed.

"Yeah, no. He called me a whore this morning so I broke up with him. I've been getting bad vibes since we started dating."

Kayla's face scrunched up in disgust.

"Ugh, pity." She muttered. "I actually really liked him too. Stupid boys."

"Well anyways, I'm back on tinder, so hopefully I don't get absolutely hate crimed." I joke, glancing back at my phone. I continued to swipe left, ignoring everyone that said some shit like 'I go balls deep in basketball and in women', because believe me, I've seen it all.

"So how are you going to celebrate your new achievement? I think for 50k, you should tell your viewers that you'll do a strip reveal."

"I-WHAT? No way, dude, you freak. I'll probably just ask one of my mutuals to do a stream with me. I dunno. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

I shook my head and sat up.

"I have to start doing videos other than Minecraft though. Like, I play fortnite sometimes, but even that gets a little boring. So...maybe I'll try doing some horror games. I dunno. But hey, I gotta figure something out to boost my channel. Maybe I could make my Instagram public? But I don't really want my personal life to be involved."

"You should make a new account dedicated to your twitch. Like, post a bunch of selfies and thirst traps, but don't make it your personal account. You know?" Kayla said as she shoveled some M&Ms into her mouth. "Like, promote it. I don't know."

"I mean, I guess I could. I think I will. But Christ, what's your deal with me and thirst traps? If I start trying to act all flirty and sexy, everyone will think that I'm using my body to get views." I muttered.

"Well, you have a nice body. For someone with a body like that, you don't put it out there enough."

"The last time I tried to do that, my boyfriend called me a whore." I pouted.

"So what? Be you! God, it's not that hard. It's not like I'm asking you to get an onlyfans, although I'm sure it would help."  I thought about it, and finally decided to make a new Instagram. My personal account had an absurd amount of followers. When I went to university, I had a total glow up and gained some popularity. I didn't really want to start from scratch, but I hoped that it would help my channel grow even more.

I started to set up the new account, posting about it on my twitter.

-BEE (@LIBBEE)
Go follow my new insta! It's LIBBEE-!!

Almost instantly, a few people began to follow the new page. I started to post a few clips from recent streams, a few selfies, and a picture of my cat, Henry. I saw that Dream had retweeted my tweet, and, to my surprise, started to follow my new Instagram.

"I think he's desperate to find out if I'm gonna beat his score or not. He and I have been neck-and-neck for weeks now, but I promise you, I'm gonna get sub 20 tomorrow night." I told Kayla. She didn't play video games, and especially didn't know jack-shit about Minecraft, but she still nodded.

"Kick his ass, he probably deserves it. I've watched a few of his videos, he's not as 'pog' as people say he is. I don't even know what that word is. Kill me now." She visibly gagged and I keeled over, laughing.

"He's actually really good. But I'm better. He just doesn't know it yet."

"If he doesn't know it, then why is he so worried about you beating his time? It seems to me like he's intimidated." Kayla mentioned. I shrugged, but I knew she had a point.

"Maybe," I said. "Or maybe he's a creepy stalker who wants to kill me. I'd be fine with either."

Kayla and I joked around for a little while more, and when I started to get tired, she packed her things up and left. I wondered if she was going to tell me to post a thirst trap, but she actually left pretty quietly. Surprising. She must be feeling under the weather.

I crawled into my bed and continued to scroll through twitter. I decided to check out some of Dream's friends, since he was the only one I'd really been interacting with. They were all relatively the same, but that was okay. I couldn't blame him for having friends that were all basically the same person--in reality, I only had one real friend that I hung out with.

I was about to roll over and sleep, but a tinder notification distracted me.

-Nick, 21 matched with you!-

I smiled a little and opened up the chat, where I sent a quick hi with a smiley face.

I'd used a different name on Tinder. I used my full name, Elisabeth, and my mom's maiden name, Brookes. It wasn't that I was scared of getting doxxed or something--I wasn't that famous--but I didn't want my personal life to really be affected by twitch or something.

-Nick:
Hey, do you want to steal my comfiest hoodie?

-Elisabeth:
What the fuck, yes.

-Nick:
Oh, great! Do you prefer yellow or black?

-Elisabeth:
Black:)

-Nick:
Great, I'll make sure to bring it on our first date.
Speaking of which, when is that?

-Elisabeth:
Oh shit, that was smooth.

-Nick:
My friend told me to use it.
Clearly it worked!
Hi, my name's Nick.

-Elisabeth:
I'm Elisabeth:)