- 16 -

BEE POV

***

APRIL 20TH

I was lucky enough to not have to drive the 4 hours back to Austin after our vacation was over. Liam actually drove the van back while I sat in the front seat. I get car-sick if I sit in the back, so Kayla and Katya were forced to sit together. Boo hoo, suck it up.

I had my earbuds in essentially the whole time, listening to music, tweeting, and updating both my private and public Instagram. I was happy to announce that I would finally start streaming my survival world and bed-wars series as soon as we got back to Austin.

Never in a million years did I think I would gain this much popularity. Of course, there were the hate comments that always came in masses, but it was fine. My mods could filter out the chat and block certain phrases, and anything that someone tweeted to me I either laughed at or deleted. My life, as crazy as it was, felt normal. I mean, there's nothing normal about having a million people read a fanfiction based around you and your friend who happens to have like, 13 million subscribers. Especially if it's erotic. But besides that, I felt like a genuinely normal person.

I had said in one of my recent streams that I was okay with fanfiction or art or shipping in general, because frankly, I didn't care about that kind of stuff. I probably wouldn't even read half of what some people could think up on Wattpad or A03. (I used to read Harry Styles fanfictions, of course I recognize those heathen sites.)

Wilbur and some of our other friends decided to do a Q&A stream and he invited me to join, so I figured there was no harm in it. I think it was scheduled for the upcoming Monday, so I'd have to let my viewers know that our weekly Speedrun stream would be replaced by Wilbur's Q&A.

As we drove on the winding roads back to Austin, I started talking to Nick. It felt weird at first, but once we started talking I felt a little less tense. I had no doubt that eventually we'd talk the same way Kayla and I talk. I genuinely believed he was a nice person. I liked his personality and he didn't hate me, so I felt confident in our ability to tolerate each other.

Liam glanced over and asked why I was smiling so much. I couldn't give him a straight answer, for some reason.

"I'm just talking to my friend," I said finally, returning back to our chat. I decided to man up and give him my phone number so we didn't have to just talk on Discord like total nerds.

Buzzy-Bee:
(XXX)XXX-XXX
Just text me
My friends are looking at me weird

Sapnap:
OH SO NOW YOU GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER
CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S TAKEN YOU THIS LONG
fucking weirdo

Buzzy-Bee:
If it makes you feel any better, you're the first one to get it out of all our friends

Sapnap:
Can't believe I'm better than Wilbur

Buzzy-Bee:
I never said that
Don't hurt your ego loser

Sapnap:
You implied it 😎

I snorted and waited for him to text me on messages, smiling when an unknown number popped up on my phone.

(XXX)XXX-XXXX:
We've been trying to reach you regarding your car's extended warranty

Me:
PLEASE
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT EXTENDED WARRANTY IS

I saved his number as Nick because I'm boring and he doesn't deserve a funny nickname.

Nick:
How the fuck do you own a car and not know what warranty is??

Me:
I never claimed to be smart

Nick:
YOU GO TO UTA THAT'S PRETTY DAMN SMART

Me:
WELL IDFK HOW IT HAPPENED

I JUST GOT THE LETTER IN THE MAIL AND SAID HIPPITY HOPPITY UTA IS MY PROPERTY

Nick:
IBVIWEBIWQUE PLEASE
Hippity Hoppity please fucking stoppity

Me:
When he can ryhme😳✋

Nick:
when she can't spell😳✋

Me:
IT'S A HARD WORD
I'M SORRY I'M STUPID

I grinned and locked my phone, staring out the window. There wasn't a lot to do in these parts of Texas, and my service was being spotty so I couldn't even talk to my friends that much. I got a few notifications here and there, mostly from people retweeting something I'd said liking my posts on Instagram.

When we finally got back into Austin, I had Liam make a beeline for my apartment so I could finally take a nap in my own bed. I collapsed into my soft sheets and almost instantly falling asleep, only to wake a few hours later to the sound of millions of notifications coming through.

I sat at my desk and started up my computer, scrolling through Twitter as I waited for Twitch to load. I decided to stream a little bit of bedwars before the Q&A the next afternoon, so I tweeted it out.

I texted Nick.

Me:
You know you still owe me a game of bed wars
We can do a collab stream

Nick:
When did I ever promise you a game of bed wars?

Me:
Sometime after the manhunt

Nick:
You're lucky I have nothing better to do
You're such a loser

Me:
You loveee me

Nick:
I wish I was in any other state than Texas so I wouldn't have to live near you

Me:
???
You literally live like a billion hours away stfu
Pussy
You're just scared that I'll beat you

When Twitch finally loaded I titled my stream "Bedwars with SAPNAP" and switched to my waiting screen before hitting the start stream button.

Nick joined me in a discord VC a few minutes later and I smiled when I saw him join the server. Viewers started to join slowly, starting a hype train in the chat as we waited.

"I'm totally gonna kick your ass," I said to Nick, who laughed like I said something funny.

"Nah, I've been playing for way longer than you. You're total dog water," he teased back. I pouted and waited a few more minutes before switching on my face cam.

"Hello loves!" I started excitedly. "Welcome back to the stream! How are we all doing today? Can you tell I've gotten a bit of sun?" I started to read the chat, but it was going by too fast.

"Alright, alright, well I think we know what time it is. I'm going to absolutely kick Sapnap's ass at bed-wars!" I cheered, earning a groan from my friend. "Sorry, Sapnap, but I'll always be the best at Bed wars."

He snorted and we began the game.