- 7 -

BEE POV

***

FEBRUARY 28TH

I loaded up my computer so I could start my stream. Kayla sat on my bed as my emotional support and my audience. I had my pink razer headphones on, and a serious look on my face. I didn't want to make an absolute fool out of myself, so I silently prayed for a good seed.

"Do you actually think Dream is gonna watch?" Kayla asked, munching on some chips.

"I think so. He seems pretty scared that I'll beat his time. Which is weird, because he's like, super famous and I only just hit 30k followers. I don't know why he's obsessed with me." I remind my friend that he could possibly be a creepy stalker wanting to murder me in my sleep.

"Doubt it. He probably wants to be mutuals. Or mortal enemies, if you beat his time."

When four rolled around, I clicked the "start stream" button and let people join as my waiting screen counted down the time to when I would start. My eyes widened at the amount of people that rushed in. I think I saw Dream's name flash in the chat, amongst some other streamers I liked. Was that Sykunno? God, was this a fever dream?

When the five minutes were up, I turned on my face cam and switched my screen over to the Minecraft Java menu.

"Hello loves!" I waved excitedly. "How are we all today? It's a beautiful Saturday evening for me. I've got my friend Kayla in the back as my emotional support. Sarah24--thank you for the donation! Yes, my Instagram is linked on my Twitch account. Go check it out!"

I waited a few more minutes, talking to the viewers as the chat absolutely zoomed by. I was amazed by all the viewers.

"Alright, alright. Let's get this started, ok? Today as you know, I'm trying to get a sub 20 time, I've got a brand new randomized seed, so let's get this started. I'm praying that this is a good seed, otherwise I'll make an absolute fool out of myself in front of twenty thousand people. Let's get started!"

I clapped my hands and clicked "create world", watching as it loaded and placed me in the world. Instantly, I ran to get some wood and stone. When my wooden tools were made, I found the nearest cave and gathered enough stone for a small set of tools.

"Alright, the timer is started, we're at a minute with the stone tools!" I said gleefully, running to hopefully find a village. As I entered the desert, I saw a temple from the corner of my eye.

"Okay we're gonna try to get that temple, and then try to get into the nether before 4 minutes. Let's go!"

I dug into the temple and checked the chests. There was some decent loot, gold and iron bars, a golden apple, and some other items. I stacked out of the temple and ran to the abandoned village I'd spotted earlier. I collected the beds, made a quick bucket, and tried to find a lava pool, which I luckily found before three minutes.

"Okay! Let's make this portal!" I started to quickly stack some sand to make a quick portal, and once all the obsidian was placed I lit the portal and entered the Nether.

"Let's go!" I shouted, hearing Kayla behind me hyping me up. I knew she knew nothing, but it was nice to have the support.

I found a Piglin and started to throw all the gold I'd gotten at it. I only got four ender pearls off it, so I spent the next few minutes killing as many enderman as I could before starting to search for the fortress.

The chat was absolutely blowing up, and I was trying to thank as many people for the subs or the donations as quickly as I could. When I got to ten minutes I started to get worried, having only just finding the fortress. I emptied the chests, which included 3 diamonds, and went to find the blaze spawners, killing as many of the fiery fuckers as I could. I had just enough blaze rods to make about thirteen eyes of ender, so I left and started to run back in the direction of the portal.

When I reentered the overworld, I was at twelve minutes. I was getting nervous; my hands were sweating, and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I started to throw the eyes of ender one by one, praying that they wouldn't break. I was lucky--only two broke before they finally led me to the stronghold. I started to dig down at just under fifteen minutes, and placed my eyes of ender at just after sixteen.

I was getting antsy. I started immediately placing the bed when the dragon came down to the bedrock, exploding them and hitting the dragon with the diamond sword I'd made from the nether loot. Seventeen minutes. Fuck. I was running out of time.

I started to shoot the few arrows I had at the End crystals. the uncaged ones exploded with ease, so the next time the dragon came to rest, I went all in, eating my golden apple and trying my best to get it as low as possible.

At eighteen minutes, I placed my final bed and managed to explode it at just the right time.

Time slowed for me, but the next thing I knew, the dragon was exploding into particles and millions of pieces of experience. My eyes widened and I stopped the timer at 19.05, hearing Kayla scream from behind me.

"Holy shit!" I screamed, turning my attention to the chat. "That's a record! 19 MINUTES! FIVE SECONDS! SUCK IT DREAM!" I shouted, almost crying in relief.

The chat was blowing up. I saw a few comments saying I had cheated, but I ignored it.

"Thank you, Marcus, for the 20 gifted subs!" I squealed, reading off the donations that I had missed as I concentrated. Kayla hugged me from behind.

"Fuck yeah!" She shouted.

For the next little while, I talked with my chat, answering questions, thanking them for donations, all the normal stuff. I checked my twitter, where Dream had tweeted out a congratulations and reminded me to post my time on the speed-running website.

-DREAM (@DREAMWASTAKEN)
CONGRATS TO BEE (BUZZY ON TWITCH) FOR GETTING A SUB 20 TIME TODAY! Don't forget to post it!
|
|
|
-BEE (@LIBBEE)
Thank you for the motivation! But I guess you'll have to transfer your title of "best speed runner" over to me:)

I grinned. On top of the euphoria I was enduring, I got a message from the Nick guy on tinder.

-Nick:
Hey!

-Elisabeth:
Hiii! How are you, good sir?

He and I chatted for a while after I ended the stream. I was ecstatic. Kayla was hyping me up from my bed, telling me to flirt with him a little harder, but I wanted to keep things clean. I had a good feeling about this guy.

I didn't want her freakish self to ruin it.