- 18 -

BEE POV

***

APRIL 27TH

I was streaming my survival world when he called. I saw his name flash in my chat telling me to PICK UP!!

"Guys, Sapnap is telling me to answer his call," I laughed, holding my phone up to my camera. I watched as my chat repeated exactly what Nick had said a few seconds earlier. PICK IT UP! "Ugh! Fine!"

I answered the call and put my phone to my ear. I half-expected him to scream at me--which is what he does a lot--but he didn't.

"I'm bored," He complained. I rolled my eyes.

"So watch my stream. Or go stream yourself." I glanced at the chat briefly.

"No, your stream is boring and the only reason I'm watching is cause you're pretty."

I felt my face flush up with embarrassment, and I was suddenly glad I hadn't put him on speakerphone.

"That's so mean," I muttered, ignoring what the chat was saying about me blushing. "You're such an asshole to me."

"Focus on Minecraft," He replied. "Don't be distracted by me."

But it's hard not to be distracted by you.

"What?"

My eyes widened.

"What'd you say, Bee?"

"Nothing--I didn't say anything. God, you're so fucking annoying. You're a bitch and I hate you. Never call me again." I hung up and returned to what I was doing, more red that a fucking tomato.

What was I doing? Christ--I must be going insane.

'DON'T HANG UP ON ME!' Twitch read out, indicating that Nick had donated something. I grinned.

"I'll hang up on whoever I want to. Stop being a little bitch boy."

'I'm going to give Henry a beer when we meet up.' Came my auto-reader again.

"I am NOT meeting up with you." I groaned.

'I'll bring noodles,' It read for a third time.

"Damn, ok, stop it. I'll do anything for noodles. But, keep in mind that I'm the master ramen chef here. You're nothing. Simp."

'We're meeting up and I'm cooking you sub-par noodles. Deal with it.'

"Can you believe this guy, chat? He thinks he can wander in and give my cat alcohol." I shook my head. I didn't really know what else to say. He was just a really close friend--nothing else. Why was it so hard for me to convince myself of that?

***

As soon as I ended the stream, I FaceTimed Nick. I waited for a second after he answered before exploding.

"What the fuck was that!" I yelled, half laughing. "What the fuck was that!!"

He only laughed, and I felt almost offended.

"What?" He asked innocently. "What did I do?"

"The whole 'oh we're meeting up' 'oh, I'm watching your stream because you're pretty'" I mocked. "You can't just do shit like that."

"But I did anyways. Sucks to suck, Bee. And hey, it's not like you were protesting. You said it yourself, it's hard to concentrate when I'm around." I saw his evil little grin and I wanted to smack it right off.

"God, you're such an asshole." I mumbled, pinching the bridge of my nose. "I never want to talk to you again."

Despite this, we sat on FaceTime for over two hours. It had become somewhat tradition for us to call after we finished streaming for the day, but it had slowly started to evolve into "whenever I'm free I'm calling you". I would call him right after work, he would call me during a stream, so on and so forth.

I suddenly noticed that he wasn't answer anymore. With glee I took a screenshot of him sleeping, mouth agape, no words, head empty. I took the chance I'd been given  and ran with it. Out to Twitter it would go.

BEE (@ LIBBEE)
caught this fucker in 4K. My best friend, everyone:
*1 image attached*
|
|
|
DREAM (@ DREAMWASTAKEN)
So y'all are married now, right?
|
|
|
KARL JACOBS (@ KarloJacobs2)
HE'S CHEATING ON ME??
|
|
|
BEE (@ LIBBEE)
Stealing ur best friends and husbands since 2001

I buried my face into my pillow and smiled giddily.

No. You do not like him. You made that promise after the Tinder incident. He's your friend. He's your best friend. Don't ruin it.

I felt guilty.

Don't ruin it.