- 46 -

BEE POV

short chapter uwu

TOMMYS STREAM?? TOMMYS ALIVE??? TEH NECROMANCY BOOK WAS REAL???/?

***

LATE NOVEMBER

I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought, maybe by some miracle, the grace of God, perhaps, that it was photoshop. I scanned the picture through blurry vison, looking for something out of place, something abnormal, something that could tell me it was fake.

The only abnormal thing I saw was my boyfriend kissing another girl.

We hadn't even been dating for three months yet.

I threw my phone across the room and buried myself into my blankets, letting the tears stream down my face.

Ah damn. I can't have a mental breakdown without my phone. I want to scroll through Instagram.

So I stood back up and retrieved my phone from my floor, grabbed a half-eaten box of oreos, and dove right back onto my bed.

I blocked Nick instantly, not even wanting to hear his side of the story. The evidence was there--on Instagram, for everyone to see. Granted, it was posted on his private account, that only a few of us--like Dream, Karl, Quackity, and I--followed. It didn't matter; I'd woken up to what seemed like hundreds of missed notifications from Quackity and Dream.

I didn't even want to think about it. God, I trusted him, you know? The perfect person--the one who made my life bearable. But the second I moved away, everything fell apart. He acted like he hated me whenever I called him. I remembered how he told me to shut up over the phone. It stung then, and it stung now too.

I was still wearing his hoodie, but I pulled it off and tossed it to the ground. I cried even harder when I looked over the side of the bed and saw it staring back at me sadly.

"Bee?" Lydia cooed from the other side of my door. "Are you alright, dear?"

I tried to compose myself, but my answer came out in a choked sob.

"I'm fine," My voice cracked. Lydia pushed the door open anyways and joined me on the bed, beginning to rub my back soothingly.

"What happened?"

"Nick," I whispered, showing her the picture. "I never thought--he said everything would be ok when I moved...but he'd been acting so cruel and distant lately...and now that."

Lydia inspected the picture over the top of her half-moon glasses. Her face became sad, her mouth pinching into a disapproving frown.

"That's a pity. I liked him." She handed my phone back and wiped a tear from my cheek. "Eventually, Elisa, you'll learn that boys are immature and not worth your time. Men are... responsible. Mature. Worth every second of your time.

"But he was mature. And he was worth my time," My voice was raspy and hoarse. "I really like him, Lydia, he made me happy."

"It'll be alright, dear. One heartbreak gives you more room to find someone you deserve."

"I don't think I deserve anyone right now," I mumbled.

She stood and left my room, closing the door behind her. I laid back down and continued to scroll through my phone, ignoring the messages and DMs I was getting. I wasn't sure if Nick was trying to talk to me or not, since I'd blocked him on everything I had him on.

Dream texted me.

How are you holding up?

could be better
not really feeling 100% rn
haha
why'd he do it dream
why didn't you stop him from kissing her

I didn't know until i saw the post this morning

he doesn't want me?
was i not good enough Dream??
did he talk about me?

all the time

then why was he so distant
i've never felt more neglected before
he acted like he hated me
i wanted to give him space
i thought maybe he was just stressed from all the moving
but i guess not
he was just in love with another girl

I don't think he was in love with her, bee

it doesn't matter
he kissed her
she can have him

He was drunk

is that supposed to make me feel better?
i've never felt so upset
after ethan and matthew and all them
i've never felt more betrayed and disgusted and used
i trusted him dream
i trusted his judgement
i don't know what i did
i'm quitting
i'm giving up
i'm done

bee this isn't rational
have you tried to talk to him
i'm really pissed at him too
i haven't talked to him since i saw the picture
but when i did ask him he said he had no idea
bee?
hello?
bee?
libbee
don't shut me out too
i know you're not ok
i know you haven't been doing ok since you moved
libbee
answer me please
libbee??
bee?
answer the phone
pick it up
bee just talk to me
bee?

delivered 10:43a