𝐈: Once Upon A Time. . .

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

ONCE UPON A TIME. . .

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE?

Do you know what you'd die for? What you'd live for? When you're laying there in the dark and in the cold, can you survive yourself? Your own thoughts trapping you. Caged by your own mind. Loneliness halving you, carving your very soul into two, hollowing a home in your opal bones. You've become loneliness in every sense of the word. But that doesn't matter now.

It's time to get up, isn't it? You've got a life to live and it's Monday morning, right? Right. . . ? No - it's Friday. How could you forget?! Because the weeks are blurring together. Because every day feels the same. Don't be silly and try to deny it. Nothing ever changes in this silly cell where there is no sun, no moon, no starlight to guide you. Just the dark and the cold. Empty and alone. This is your home now.

Ah, ah, ah! Don't wallow in self pity!

Crawl out of bed and start another morning of another day of another week of another month of another year. They don't like it when you're difficult.

Screaming at deaf stars, on your knees for worthless gods, all dying universes and exploding supernovas. You didn't think this would happen, did you? But it did. There's no changing it. Time only ever moves in one direction and you can't take back what you did. It's here to stay. Staring into the vast emptiness of space where the darkness stares back at you, screaming ringing in your ears until you feel like they're going to bleed out and you're rocking back and forth with your head in your hands sobbing.

You feel too much. You feel too much. You feel too much. YOU FEEL TOO MUCH!

But you can't get rid of it.

This is who you are now.

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

ONCE UPON A TIME, in a spaceship far, far away. . . there lived a girl who, more often than not, feels like a universe of exploding stars.

No, no ━━ is that really the proper place to start the story? Sure, it's a decent enough hook (it's got you here, anyways), but Lyra's pretty sure it's a tad bit over dramatic. Or at least out of touch with her reality. Once upon a time's are meant for princesses with knights in shining armour, for tales of great heroes and legends. But highly dangerous and also supposedly deranged teenage space criminals? Not so much.