𝐗𝐗𝐗: Mean Spirits

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

MEAN SPIRITS

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CLARKE IS DOING HER WHOLE CLARKE THING, which really is just trying to make sure everyone doesn't die. Today that means going to the Grounder camp with the Commander and discussing ways to begin the truce so that Grounders and Sky people can work together to take down the mountain.

Now Lyra and Octavia are walking through what's left of Alpha Station, lights flickering drolly overhead. According to Sinclair, there's tripped circuits all over the grid and Lyra's supposed to get on that, like, asap. Normally Lyra would've gotten it done by now, but she's a little bit distracted, what with the fact that her dad is still missing and the way they've all got a war looming over their heads. Not to mention the forty-seven still trapped in Mount Weather. Oh, and the whole Finn situation.

"I can't believe we're actually in Alpha Station," says Lyra brightly. "I wonder if my old quarters survived. Oh, or the pretty little port left window that you could see Mars from!"

Octavia looks around the halls warily. "The only station I've ever really seen is Prison Station."

Lyra makes a little yikes face. She's got a nasty habit of forgetting that even though her and Octavia met in the Skybox and became close on Earth, they grew up in very different ways. Octavia spent sixteen years under the floor while Lyra was among the stars. Not to mention the fact that Bellamy once told her he spent most of his own childhood hungry ━━ he'd always given as much of his rations as he could to Octavia. Sure, Lyra's childhood wasn't perfect ━━ spending two years in the Skybox will do that to a girl ━━ but compared to the Blake's, she's more than privileged.

"Anyways," says Octavia, seeming eager to get off the subject. "You and my older brother. That's a thing."

"Yeah," says Lyra awkwardly.

"Well. . . how is it?" Octavia asks, and then quickly screws up her face and shakes her head. "Actually, never mind, do not tell me. I don't want to know. You're with my older brother and that's weird."

"Well, your boyfriend tried to eat me."

"Oh my god, get over that. It wasn't his fault."