𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕: Assassination Attempt Before Breakfast

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT
BEFORE BREAKFAST

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ this chapter is gonna be a little different.
not much is happening at camp haha,
so we're gonna switch around pov's like the show
i hope no one minds! ]

THE MORNING THEY LEAVE TO MEET CLARKE goes catastrophically ━━ but, to be completely honest, Lyra should have expected things wouldn't have been anything less than disastrous, as they so often are. Of course, she might have been distracted by the fact that Indra not only sent her to meet Clarke with her own entourage but ━━ and youll never believe this ━━ horses. That's right ━━ Lyra Jupiter gets to ride an actual, real life, living and breathing horse!

See, Clarke had been in Tondc while Lyra and Octavia played Chancellor and Grounder respectively. Now Clarke's on her way back, and the Grounders sent riders to meet her when she crossed the border from Trikru into what's quickly becoming Skaikru territory. Noah offered to take the lead on that mission and Lyra joined him.

Everything is going fine at first. OK, so maybe riding a horse is a little bit more difficult than Lyra imagined. So maybe her and Toulouse ━━ she took the liberty of naming the pretty, chestnut maned stallion herself ━━ got off to a bit of a rough start. And by a bit, Lyra means Toulouse might have thrown her off his back three times and then nearly stomped on her with his hooves. But now things are going absolutely swimmingly, and that's all that matters.

Suddenly, Toulouse jerks to a stop, nearly sending Lyra flying over his head. She shrieks, holding onto the reigns for dear life as her head jerks wildly, trying to figure out what's happened.

Though Noah's mare trots to a much more gentle halt, he still looks queasy. "I'm gonna throw up."

"It's not that bad," says Lyra.

"Oh, yes, it most definitely is," he retorts, nearly falling from his mare as she shakes her mane out gently. "I'll bet Kane didn't have to ride a horse. Lucky bastard."

"Mom, why are we stopping?" Clarke demands, sliding off of her mare in irritation.

Abby's crouched at the edge of the river that trickles by the dirt path they've been riding. After Lyra dismounts Toulouse, the stallion whinnying wildly, she trails after Clarke to see that Abby's filling a silvery flask with water.