𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈: Studying. . . or Students Dying?

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

STUDYING. . .

. . .OR STUDENTS DYING?

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          "UM ━━ is this a new way to protest Mount Weather? Making yourself puke?"

     "No," says Lyra, with as much dignity as she can muster as her mouth bulges with herbed potatoes and asparagus. "I just want to get back to the library."

     "What?" Miller asks in disbelief. "You just got back!"

Cramming another herbed potato into her mouth, Lyra can't do anything but shrug at him. The plates in front of them are filled with food as usual. Whoever the chefs are at Mount Weather seemed to have pulled out all the stops; there is a greater variety of dishes in front of Lyra than she's ever even seen in a textbook, most looking completely foreign. There's a large dish of some sort of shellfish stew by Harper, Monty's own plate full with some sort of steak-and-kidney pudding.

The dining hall seems even more crowded than when it had when Lyra crashed into it, even though there's barely twenty additional people inside; though that might just be because she and the other delinquents stick out like sore thumbs against the Mountain people, as she thinks a moment later.

Especially because Clarke's over on the opposite side of the hall, yelling at Dante. Probably it's not very nice to yell at an old man. He looks one cough away from dying.

But anyways.

"I think it's admirable," announces Monty, struggling as he cuts into his steak.

Harper rolls her eyes. "Says you."

"What's that supposed to mean, McIntyre?"

She grins. "That you're both nerds."

"Has anyone seen Maya?" Jasper demands, craning his neck as he goggles at the sea of people.

"Christ, dude," mutters Miller. "You are so painfully horny that it's almost unbelievable."

At the same moment as Jasper looks back at Miller in offense, a crisp voice says, "Excuse me, Franko, have you finished with your lunch?"