𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗: The Couple That Blows Stuff up Together

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

THE COUPLE THAT
BLOWS STUFF UP TOGETHER. . .

. . . STAYS TOGETHER

(RIGHT?)

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

WHEN THEY RETURN to the real world the next morning, Lyra's got another handgun, and Bellamy gives her a tiny glance as they make their way down the silent corridor. Her mouth still burns like wildfire from last night and she struggles to keep from glancing back at him, not wanting to lose focus. Their own lives and forty-seven others teeter in their hands; they need to finish this before it is too late.

"Lovejoy's keycard will get you into the armory," says Maya as they hurry through the unceasing halls. "The guns are locked, but the guard has the key. I can lure him away — "

"No, there's no time," Bellamy mutters. "Once we get the guns, how do we get them to Level 5? They're watching every door."

"Maybe not." Maya pauses. "The mess hall as a trash chute."

"Trash chute?" He echoes dubiously.

"There's one on every level. Best part is there's no radiation alarms, hatches leak like crazy do they put in these air locks just to be safe. You guys get the guns, I'll get them into the mess hall."

"If there's a trash chute, we might've sealed it off," says Lyra anxiously. "How're you gonna — ?"

But Maya just shakes her head. "I'll get it done."

"You're a natural born revolutionary," Bellamy tells her quietly.

"My mom was a revolutionary," Maya counters, a bit of steel in her voice. "I'm just trying to do what's right."

Lyra might have argued, but they're low on time.

Bellamy gives Maya a curt nod. "Be back here in thirty minutes."

They swerve the corner, into a rather muggy hall. It smells vaguely of mildew and mold. An ominous shudder rolls down her spine as she shoves the pistol into the pocket of her lab coat, trading it for the slim device Maya's father had loaned her with relative unease. The technology in her hands is a shoddy screen that initially seems to be nothing special. However, Lyra's been hacking away furiously at the tablet all morning, trying to figure out how to link it to Monty's own tablet. If she can somehow manage to connect them, she and Bellamy will not only be able to see what's going on at Level Five, but they'll also be able to communicate with them.