𝐗𝐋𝐈: Dante's Inferno

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

DANTE'S INFERNO

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          LYRA IS UNSURE of when exactly the drilling ends. Her thoughts have become very clouded and deluded and she can mentally grasp very little; everything is veiled in thick, overwhelming pain.

     Everything is quiet. She swallows thickly, tears streaking paths through the grime coating her face. Blood glistens on her teeth as she struggles to breathe.

     Shadows stir in her peripheral.

     Dread swallows her whole. Her voice is nothing more than a wheeze. "No. . . please. . . "

Vaguely she can feel her restraints being loosened, then broken. Someone is helping her into a sitting position. Fire erupts across her hip, crimson exploding over her flesh. She hisses, hand jerking down to where her bone should be visible, only to find that it's been heavily patched with gauze. Blinking in disconcertment, she struggles to take in what's happening around her, but then she feels a dull pinprick of surprise.

"Lee?"

"I'm getting you out of here," the Mount Weather soldier tells her steadily, helping her to her feet. "Where's Vincent?"

"Cage," her mouth feels dry, the corners drooping listlessly. "Cage put a bullet in his back."

Lee's eyes are sullen, downcast for a moment, but then he manages to draw his features back into perfect stagnancy. "Listen, everything's gone to shit. Karpov's in the dorm with Emerson and Cage, they've got a big group of your people chained up in there — "

Some alertness returns to her. "Bellamy?"

"No, cameras placed him in near the quarantine ward alongside Clarke and Monty, but then they blanked. Someone took them from the junction box, Monty, probably."

"OK." She drags her sleeve across her crimson-stained nose, licks the blood from her teeth. "I need to get to the quarantine ward."

"What?" Lee looks shocked. "You just got out of surgery, you're still bleeding — "

"If Clarke's there, that means they're with Dante and they're coming up with a plan." Her blood-stained mouth cramps together, something fiendishly hot crawling into her eyes and hardening her gaze. "I need to see this through."

Lee starts to shake his head. "You're insane."

"Listen, do you know what happened to Maya?" Lyra demands and when he slowly shakes his head, she purses her lips. "If Jasper's not with Monty, then he's with her. But after everything she's done, there's no way she's going to survive Cage. You need to find her."

Indecision crawls across his features. "But what about you?"

"I was tortured by the Grounders. I think I can survive this."