15: Pet?

RECAP:

"Y/n..." his voice breaking a little, acting like he had found me after being separated for a long time. I didn't, couldn't, fall for his tricks again. 'No more games' I thought. I pushed him off again.

"Look, I'm going to try to fix the broken engine and..." I trailed off, thinking again if I should say it, "...after we get the thing out of Jane. We will act merely as if we were strangers. Got it." I jabbed my finger on his chest. I tried my best to hold my tears and from the looks of it, so was Loki. 'NO! Do not fall for it Y/n' I told myself. I breathed heavily as I made my way to the ship. Tears had fallen down...

"Y/n..." Loki's faint voice spoke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Loki's POV)

'God of Garbage'

'Those words were the words to trigger my memories. They had hit me like a train. All at once. I called her name as she walked, her head not turning once. I wanted to cry- NO! I am a god, why should I cry for the girl who left me for a old solider, who should've died years ago. Her smile, her laugh, her hair, her everything. She was my weakness. All I wanted to do, was pull her into am embrace. To show how much I care for her.' My thoughts clouded my mind as sleep caught me.

--------------------

Time skip

--------------------

I called her 'pet' many times to show her that I remember, but she would not budge. She kept herself to Thor which annoyed the Hel out of me. She would dare to pretend that she was interested in that oaf just to avoid me. Well, if she wanted to play games then we shall play games.

----------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n's POV)

The ship was a no go so we walked all the way instead. I stuck to Thor's side to ignore Loki. He had the audacity to keep pretending that he remembered. He did call me pet a few times but come on, it is Loki. While zoning out during Thor's conversation, I had noticed that Loki was flirting with Jane. I turned my head so quick I'm hoping he didn't see that. Looking flushed I skipped ahead from everyone else to take a breather.

The air was not so fresh but it would have to suffice. Listening to my breaths, the gravel crunching against my feet. Suddenly someone took a hold of my wrist. Instincts kicked in so, I turned around to ready to dominate my opponent. I pulled my fist back only for Loki to grab it with his hand.

"Woah. Calm down darling, it's only me." Loki grinned. I rolled my eyes and shook his hand off mine, then I continued walking. Ignoring historical chuckles he popped in front of me again. I tried to walk passed him but he only stepped in my direction. He's beginning to test my patients.

"Are you trying to annoy everyone around you!" I half yelled, "Because it's definitely working!"

"Y/n, I remember! I'm trying to tell you show you! Will you just listen, you puny mortal!" He half yelled as well. 'Puny mortal' That was the first nickname he ever called me.
I want to believe him, but it's Loki. I
I shrug him off and kept walking.

———————–––——————-

Time skip

———————————————-

We climbed on top of a hill to find the dark elves also walking. Both sides stopped to stare, waiting with anticipation running through their body. I looked over to Jane seeing she was having trouble to stand up. I passed Thor and Loki bickering again and ignored it. Until Jane ran past me, only for me to see that Loki stabbed Thor and pushed him off the hill. I mentally slapped myself and rushed down with them. By the time I got down, Loki had cut off Thor's hand! 'WHAT IN GODS NAME IS GOING ON WITH HIM!' I thought as Jane and I ran to Thor's sides.

Loki picked up Jane aggressively. I tried to stop him but he just kicked me in the process. I fell backwards hitting my head. My ears rang with pain. Loki was saying some nonsense then proceeded to throw Jane next to the Leader of the dark elves. The leader used his magic to pull the thing that was hurting her. I quickly went through Thor's mind to see if he had and a plan and I was correct.

"LOKI NOW!" I shouted. In return, Loki magically gave Thor's hand back. Mjölnir returned to Thor's hand, he flew and smashed the thing as it was being sucked out of Jane. It was silent for a brief moment. Did it work?

No. A fight had been waged. It's was 4 against a whole army. Or rather 3. I concentrated and somehow made at least half of the army die at my hands. I sensed that an explosion was about to erupt, so I made haste and jumped on top of Jane. Loki probably had the same idea, considering that he accidentally jumped on top of me!

I teleported Jane and I to a safer place. I turn around swiftly to see Loki's body fall to the ground. I sprinted to him, holding his head in my arms.

"Loki hey, it's me, Y/n. I want you to do something for me ok. Keep your eyes open. Can you do that? You fool, you didn't listen!" I asked, voice breaking with every word.

"I know, I'm a fool. I'm a fool-" he got cut off by the pain in his stomach. A huge hole of his flesh, oozing with blood.

"No, shh. Don't speak, I know what your saying. So please stop explaining. I told him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry-" Another sharp pain has hit him.

"It will be ok brother. I will tell father what you did here today." Thor interfered. I didn't even realize that he had been there the whole time.

"I didn't do it for him.." his gaze travelled back to mine. With the leftover strength he had, he took me in his arms and gave me a kiss. I melted into the kiss and so did he, literally...
His head fell back and his pulse had stopped. Thor screamed has he slipped sways.
The kiss was genuine and real. He did remember and I was too of a pain to understand. I held back my tears and followed Thor to Jane. I looked back one more time, to see Loki's lifeless body laying there.