Day 30.

A/N: Thank you for deciding to read my book!  I hope you enjoy it.

To avoid confusion, Mason and Thomas are the same person.  I didn't get a chance to fix all the parts yet and the ones I did, didn't save. And Annabelle's last name is Parish not Fischer.

We never saw the storm that was coming, even as it inched closer. We ignored the change in the atmosphere's pressure and the high winds- the constant nagging that something was wrong. But I guess that's what happens when you're oblivious and in the eye of the storm unprepared; you never know that something bad will happen until it does.

    The aftermath wasn't any better. Once the storm was at bay, nothing would ever be the same. There was still that uneasiness that happens after a storm and it stayed well after its due time. We all had to pitch in to clean up the havoc the storm had caused but nothing ever seemed right. There was still going to be the brokenness in our town that could never be fixed no matter how many times we tried.

    I tried to open the door of my brother's beat up black car but it was locked. Sighing, I pressed my back against it as a single raindrop fall on my nose. It was the dreaded Monday and it already looked like a crappy week, I thought. Squeezing my eyes shut, I never thought a thing about it; the one raindrop that would signal the start of the storm.

I opened my eyes as soon as I heard the front door open. Lee came rushing out of the house before Drew, one of my older brothers, and locked it after him. Drew ran his fingers his chocolate brown hair and said something to our eldest brother, Lee. He gave him an irritated glare and then it quickly changed to a smile.

"You know I hate being late." Lee messed up Drew's hair and pushed him towards the car. "If we're late you're so going to get it."

"You're so weird with your paranoia about being late everywhere."

"Oh, shut it."

I said, "Open the doors, Lee."

He shot me a grin and walked down the steps. "Nellie, that's my job to nag so quit nagging me."

I rolled my eyes and opened the doors as soon as I heard the click.

"Took you long enough," Wesley remarked with a huff. I watched as he plopped into the passenger seat, his blond hair still managing to stay intact, and slammed the door shut behind him. It was basically known that he had the right to sit in the front. What, with being second oldest and all. Plus, I think it goes for Drew, Anthony and I that were didn't want him to mess with us anymore than he already does, and it'd be worse over his sacred seat.

    I was already counting down the days until school ended once spring had arrived. Although it always seemed like spring in Savannah, I officially started my countdown on March twentieth: the official day of spring. My high school let out of school early, around the middle of May. But it was near the end of March with about thirty days left of my countdown when the biggest storm we'd ever experienced started to begin.

    It was an ordinary day in Savannah: the weather was hot, the air was moist, and we dressed in our summer attire for it being the first day of Spring.  The boys were the same and so was he who was being his jerk self. The storm was easy to miss with all the end of the year chaos going on.  Yet, the teachers were no different that day either.  Each and every one of them assigned stacks of homework to prepare us for the finals to come in almost a month and a half.  It's not like we spent an entire year learning pointless information that was supposed to prepare us for the finals but it did not.  Of course, teachers make the finals on everything that we had not discussed although they tell us how it was taught.