Day 1.

Tuesday.

Night.

"Its not what it looks like, Thomas," I said, taking a step away from River.

He snapped, "Of course it is. I've been through it before, Annabelle. Just so you know, I don't care. I've been fucking your slutty friend Emma this whole time."

"Thomas, stop," I said, watching him walk away, not knowing what to do. I didn't even bother to correct Emily's name.

"I have a game now but I guess River doesn't care about it. What a great fucking team player," Thomas growled, his eyes beading into River's.

"Thomas, I-" River started.

"Shut the fuck up, River," Thomas hissed, "You too just have fun. You deserve each other."

"If you seriously believe that I was hooking up with River, then something is wrong with you," I shouted.

"No, something is wrong with me because I trusted you," he said, tears running down his face or it was the rain.

"You're the one who said you have been fucking with Emily. So, I shouldn't have trusted you either, although River and I didn't do anything together."

"Fuck, Annabelle.  What don't you understand?" Thomas asked, standing yards away from me. His hand is on his door to his car and I stand behind it, in the middle of the parking lot.  Thomas hadn't sworn around me in what seemed like forever.

"I understand that even though I thought we had something special, we didn't. I thought that I liked you - loved you even - and just now I realize that it was all a joke to you. "Let's go talk with Annabelle because she's an easy target to get to her friend."  Thanks a lot, Thomas. Well, I was right when I said it before.  I do hate you. You're nothing but a pathetic player. I can't believe that I thought you were different and that I liked someone like you."

He slammed his hands on the side of his car. "Holy shit.  If you really think so low of me then fine.  I can't believe I love someone like you."

Did he just admit that he loves me?  I didn't say anything, the words wouldn't come out.

With that and so many words left unspoken, he walked away back to the field, with the rain pouring down on River and I.

---

"Your brothers are so hot," Emily whispered beside me.

"Do you realize how gross that sounds?" I asked her and rolled my eyes.

"She's right. Your brothers are totally irresistible. I am secretly undressing Drew right now," Molly squealed a little bit too loud.

"Molly," I shrieked.

My friends all love my brothers.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just hung out with me to get closer to them.  That's probably unlikely but who knows anymore.

"It's all right, Bells. I understand. If I were them, I would totally find me irresistible too," Drew said and slung an arm across my shoulders.

Both of my friends blushed.  Molly ran her fingers through her hair and Emily did her flirtatious laugh.

"Daisy, you're embarrassing them," Wes told with a smirk.

"Aw, sorry, Wilma. How should I stop embarrassing them? Maybe actually get undressed to make her dreams happen?"

"What a great idea, Daisy. Maybe I should get undressed too."

I rolled my eyes.  "You two, be quiet."