Day 20.

Thursday.

It seemed like it was always raining in Savannah around spring. Either it was pouring buckets or sprinkling. It always somehow seemed to resemble a waterfall to me; the rain cascading down. No matter what time was, I would constantly be suffering wetness and coldness from the rain in this time of the year.

But, today it was different. I did not have to worry about being wet or cold. It seemed as if the sunshine was as bright as a million stars in the sky on a cloudless night. Hopefully, to complete this grand weather, Mason will not be at school today.

When we were little, my brothers and I would walk to the River street. Even when mom and dad would say no, Lee would still sneak us out of the house. We lived only a few streets away from river street so it was not much of a big deal.

The River street was next to the river in Savannah, hence the name River street. The road itself stretched so long that my brothers and I could never make it to the end before it got dark and we would always end up going home with an unfulfilled adventure. On the long street, there were shops and restaurants. Along the way, musicians played or there were different forms of entertainment.

We stopped going to the River street with Lee last year when he was a junior. He always seemed depressed and never wanted to talk no matter how much I begged him into talking to me. Ever since we were little, Lee was the brother who I could talk to and would actually answer me honestly. When I had a problem, I could go to him.

So, when Lee would not talk to me, I was upset too. I thought that he did not really care for me if he did not tell me because I would tell him about what was happening with me. At the time, Lee was seventeen because he was one of the oldest in his grade. I was thirteen since my birthday was not until July.

Still, to this day, I don't quite know what had Lee in such a sour mood for that long. When Lee would not take us to the River street, we stopped going because it was not the same without him. Lee shut everyone out for almost a month until my mom and dad decided it was time for him to talk to a doctor.

He would never eat and he rarely came out of his room. Lee was always snapping at everyone and not being himself. When my mom and dad suggested that he see a doctor, Lee flipped out and ran away. We found Lee in the backyard the next morning after we were searching frantically for him all night long.

He was hiding in a willow tree and the only reason that his hiding spot was found was because in the morning he snuck inside to get food. I was always an early bird and so was Lee, so when I came downstairs in the morning I saw the fridge wide open. I looked around and also saw the back door open. So, being the curious person I am, I went out the back door and I saw Lee climbing up the biggest willow tree in our yard.

Today, even though it was not gloomy, was a day where Lee was sitting in the willow tree. Although I am a girl and girls are said to take the most time, I am the first ready besides Lee. I walked downstairs fifteen minutes before Lee was supposed to drive us to school and saw no Lee. Usually he would he watching some stupid show on the television or making breakfast.

But, he was not.

My mom and dad were already at work.  They're both surgeons at the local hospital and have to work extremelyweird hours and are mostly always at work.

I continued looking for Lee, since he was no where to be found and everyone else was getting ready and the place where I found him was at the tallest willow tree. At that moment, I knew something was terribly wrong.

---

"I don't have your number."

"Yes, you do as a matter of fact," I stated.