Day 13.

Thursday.

"Thomas, why don't you come over for dinner tonight?"

Since my parents were barely around because of their crazy shifts at the hospital, I often mistook Lee for my father.  He really did act like dad when he wasn't around.

I glared at Lee. "No one should have to suffer through your cooking."

Okay, total lie. Lee was the best cook I knew.

Thomas ignored my comment and grinned.

"I would love to."

"Why can't anyone hurry up in this house?"

Lee sighed and switched the channel on the kitchen television to a stupid, inappropriate show.

Thomas has been coming over my house early in the mornings if he was not already sleeping the night. My brothers seemed fine by this which was shocking.  Maybe it was the fact that he used to always sleep over when we were younger or that they liked his older brother. Either way, Thomas brought me self-assurance, knowing that someone besides my brothers cared for me.

My parents weren't around to worry about them seeing Thomas sleeping with me and even if they were, they knew him since he was four and knows I don't like him that way.  My parents were home more during the days rather than the nights.  They'd often come home by 3 in the morning and leave by 5 in the morning.  I could hear dad's loud stomping and hollering compliments towards my mother while they got ready.  Mom and dad were surgeons in the best hospital in Savannah so they were called in for work a lot, not that they minded though.  They loved their job and they even met each other in the hospital.

Dad was two years older than mom and by the time she was accepted as an intern at the hospital, he was already working their as a doctor.  Mom told me that she was assigned his intern.  At first, they despised each other apparently and argued with one another about who was right about what medical thing.  But one day, as mom recalled, dad grabbed her by the face and kissed her while she was blowing up about some argument they had.

I grinned at Lee.

"Not everyone is blessed with our natural beauty."

"You speak wise words, Nellie."  Lee tossed a chocolate covered Oreo my way and Thomas's as he ate his own. These chocolate covered cookies were my weakness.

We both thanked him before eating our goodness.

"You shitfaces hurry up," Lee yelled and then sipped his coffee.

"I thought we weren't allowed to swear."  I turned my head to see Wes stomp down the stairs.

He ran his fingers through his already messy, blonde hair. He was wearing his usual black Adidas soccer sweat pants. My older brother paired the sweat pants with a soccer, championship shirt.

"I'm the exception because I'm awesome."

Lee was the opposite as Wesley with dark brown hair and his attire for today. He was wearing dark jeans with a black, long sleeve shirt. Lee also had black vans on, too.

Wes glared with a grin teasing at the corners of his lips.  "I think you mean me."

"No, I didn't."  Lee looked serious.

"Will these girls ever hurry up?" My oldest brother changed his seriousness to a whining voice.

"That's so sexist."

I rolled my eyes and took another Oreo from the bag in Lee's hand.

"It's not if its true."

Thomas leaned his head on my shoulder and yawned. He whispered so only I could hear, "I could really go for your secret Starbucks coffee."