Day 28.

Wednesday.

Not everyone understands the difference of someone who socializes with you on their own time and someone who takes the time to socialize with you.  Thomas was one of those people who took his time to talk to me, even if it was just to annoy me.  He would randomly come up to me and say the weirdest things or tell me about his latest prank which of course would be on me.  He liked ruining the surprises for me since I hated them.  That was a difference between Thomas and me.  But even though Thomas only liked surprise, he respected my hatred of them and didn't try to make me be surprised.

"Annabelle, what would you call someone who is envious of me for my good looks and won't stop complaining about it?"

I shrugged.

"An annoying wannabe."

Thomas smirked.  "Thanks.  You're an annoying wannabe."

"Aw thanks. You're so nice."

"Maybe I can teach you sometime."

"I'd rather pass."

"Pass what?"  He asked, confused.

"What do - never mind."  Thomas was always confused.

"I hate when people do that," he mumbled but didn't press the subject.

So do I, I thought, but Thomas didn't need to know that. I wasn't going to let him win.

---

"I think I smell like sweat an- " Thomas said as we slowly walk back inside the gym. He stopped himself and said, "Look over there, there's a flower. I haven't seen a flower on that hill for a while. I guess it really is getting to be spring."

I shook my head. "No, you smell like weed. But, you are easily distracted, aren't you Thomas?"

We just finished running the mile which was very exhausting. Even though I play soccer and am a morning person, I was in no way ready for running a mile at fifth period which is like eleven in the morning. Most people my age would still be sleeping at this time on the weekends.

He chuckled. "I think that's you you're smelling and I don't know. I just have an eye for pretty things."

"No, I smell like roses," I said which might have be entirely false at that moment. I answered his other comment, "Don't even say -"

"I am one of those pretty things, love, if you were wondering," he said with a smirk.

Once we all were inside the gym, Mr. Grier said loud enough for everyone to hear, "Good work running the mile. For the rest of the class either play basketball, walk, or something else active except sex. No sex because you will die. So, we have about fifteen minutes before you can all get changed. We are starting ping pong next week so be prepared for the hardest weeks of your lives. I recommend bringing a sweat towel."

I looked for Molly and see her talking to Isaac. I sighed, guess I was stuck with Thomas for now if I didn't want to look lonely.

"What should we do, boss?" Thomas asked.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't care, peasant."

Thomas groaned.  "Call me hot stuff, sugar daddy, or master."

"Not even in your dreams," I informed.

"Just say it and maybe I will forget about you calling me MuffinTop."