Day 3.

Sunday

"Is Annabelle here?"

"Oh fuck. Why'd you open the door?" I heard Lee grumble.

"I didn't know who it was."

"Anthony, you're useless."

"Ow, shit. Lee, you're mean," Anthony said.

"Just see if she wants to talk, shitface," Lee ordered.

"I can only call him that," I heard Wes state.

"Do you want me to beat the living shit out of you?"

Wes replied, "I could take your lazy ass anytime."

"You guys are all so fucking cocky. I am the strongest and sexiest person in this house. Got it?"

Just then, I heard a knock on my door. I sighed, dropped my phone, and got out of my bed. I cracked open the door. "What?"

"Mason's at the door. Can you talk?"

I opened the door. I answered, wiping my eyes with my sleeves, "I guess."

"He's not what you think so don't be so quick to judge," Anthony muttered and walked with me downstairs.

"That's easy for you to say."

"Not if its true," he said.

"Let's go downstairs and secretly spy on them with the security cameras dad set up," Drew said.

Lee said, "Listen to him, Wes. Drew knows his place. He is the person who gets us out of shit with his ideas and who always knows what to do. Your place is to be my servant."

Wes mumbled something.

"We'll be watching," Lee said and shut the door behind them.

"Hey," Mason finally spoke.

I mumbled, "Hi."

He took a step closer to me. "Look, it's not what you think it was-"

"That's what everyone says when it is exactly what it looked like. I've been in these types of situations before," I snapped.

"No, seriously. It's not. I wasn't even drunk that night. I don't drink."

"Oh, please. It's one thing to make up an excuse but now you're taking it to a whole other level. I've heard what people say about you. Don't lie to me, Mason."

"I'm not lying. What don't you understand? People just make up rumors about me. And, I don't drink. I only drank with my brother before but that's a whole different story."

"Then tell me," I stated.

He ran his fingers through his hair which I noticed he did when he was nervous. "It's not really that easy-"

"Fine, don't. Continue to lie but I'm going to go then," I said and turned, starting to walk away.

He grabbed my wrist and spun me back around. "Dammit, okay. My mom died because of a drunk driver. Are you fucking happy? I drank with my brother after she died. My dad went crazy and Lance and I went to a bar. It was really stupid of us, but our fucking mom just died and our dad flipped out."

Oh.

That couldn't even explain what I was thinking. I was so selfish, wanting to know why, when he had to deal with something like that.

"Mason, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to intrude. I thought you were lying to me. Oh gosh. I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have said all those -"

"Annabelle, stop. This is why I didn't tell you. I'm not some kicked puppy."