Day 21.

Wednesday

"I hate you Thomas Parker."

He stared at me in absolute shock as if I did not seriously day those last five words. So, I repeated myself. "I said that I hate you Thomas Parker. I hate you so much that words cannot describe."

He stared back at me, speechless. Thomas took a step towards me, leaving a mere inch between us. I inhaled a deep breath of peppermint and he bent down so that he could whisper in my ear. After mustering up some courage, he mumbled, "And I love you too."

Not thinking he was being serious, I laughed and stepped back. "Don't say that unless you mean it."

I walked past him once the bell rang. He didn't not stop me or say anything. He just let me go. Being curious, I looked behind me to see what he was doing. The bell rang so he should have been going to class, but he was not. Mason was standing in the exact same place as he was before and he was looking at me. When our eyes meet, he glanced down and walked in the opposite direction of me.

Maybe I was focusing solely on something else when I should have divided my attention to something much more. And, when I would, it would be too late.

---

I opened my locker and exchanged my math textbook for my history textbook. Just as I was about to shut the door, Jake appeared next to me. I looked up to him, his light green eyes meeting mine.

"So, I heard you hate Thomas," Jake said, running his fingers through his dark, almost black, hair.

"Yeah," I mumbled and turn to leave.

Jake grabbed my wrist to stop me and said, "Wait. Why the hell are you mad at him?"

I wiggled my wrist out of his grip and mockingly asked, "Wait. Why the hell do you care?"

"Because he's my friend."

"And, did you hear what he said about me?"

Jake shook his head. "What the fuck are you talking about, Belles?"

I laughed. "I know what he said about me. He called me 'pathetic slut who won't get off of him'."

Jake face palmed and said, "He wasn't fucking talking about you. He said that he wishes that were you like Megan except for the pathetic slut part. He wants you to -Never mind. He just wasn't talking about like that."

"Well, what would you do if someone called you a pathetic slut?" I asked.

Jake chuckled. "I don't have that problem, Belles."

The bell rang and Jake leaned down closer to me and whispered, "You should talk to him."

Before I can argue or say some snarky remark, he was already walking away.

---

When I walked into the gym for P.E. class, I saw Thomas standing with his friends not talking. He was looking at his phone while they all laughed at something. I decided this is the right time to talk to him. So, I told Molly that I would be back and headed towards him and his friends. Isaac, the senior who was captain for dodgeball, was also in Mason's circle of friends.

"Thomas?" I piped.

"What?" He snapped, not bothering to look up from his phone.

"Can we um talk?"

He looked up and met my eyes for a second. Then, he looked back his phone. "I don't think there is anything to talk about."

"Look, I am sorry for what I said. I thought you were talking about me."