Chapter 2

Emma's POV:

"So where do you want to go?", Jax asked.

"Before we do anything else we have to explain to our friends where I'm going to be. I wonder how I'm going to tell Danny that I'm spending two weeks at boot camp with my ex.", I snapped. Did I just say that? I missed Jax, and obviously he missed me. Here I am saying I would rather be enjoying time with Andi and Daniel then with him, the person who's been alone all summer.

"Jax, I'm sorry. Its just, I don't want a repeat of last year and-", I tried continuing but he interrupted me.

"Its alright. I respect your opinion, as well as you."

"What's wrong with you, you seem different. Not in a bad way just, different."

"I'd rather not talk about how or why I changed, let's go tell the rest so we can enjoy our last day, or in my case my first day, in Miami in the summer.", Jax cheered. We walked to the hut and saw Daniel, who was on his lunch break, Andi and Lily trying to find something to split off the menu, and Diego spilling smoothies left and right with Maddie watching.

"Hey guys.", I said sadly.

"Emma there you are, where have you been?", Diego asked.

"No where.", I replied.

"What happened, why are you sad. I don't understand I- oh great, hi Jax.", Daniel said.

"Hey mate, you missed me?", Jax teased.

"Your back, how?", Daniel asked.

"Look, Danny. There's no easy way to put this, but Jax is here, just for the day, to take me to Rebels Boot Camp, a magical boot camp for witch and wizard miscreants.", I confessed.

"What, Emma. You didn't freeze all of Miami again, did you?", he wondered.

"You mean The Great Miami Time Stopage?", Andi joked.

"Sweet!", Jax complimented.

"Look Emma, it seems like there have been to many obstacles in our relationship, if you know what I mean. Maybe it's a sign that we aren't ment to be. I'm sorry, but I'm breaking up with you. Its not you its-", before he could finish I ran down the beach, with Jax chasing after me.

"Are you okay?", he asked.

"No, why do I have to be the chosen one? Why do I even have to be a witch?", I said.

"Because Emma, it's your destiny, it's your fate.", he answered.

"Thanks Jax, but I still just want to curl up under a blanket with hot cocoa."

"Done.", he replied with a twirl of a finger.

"Come on, lets go do something fun. We'll tell your dad that you are going to that mathematics camp he was talking about."

"Alright, lets go, but no more of your old tricks.", I warned.

"No promises.", he replied.