Chapter 5

Jax's POV:

"I'll be right back, I gotta use the bathroom.", Emma said.

"Alright, hurry back.", Cat replied. After Emma was gone, we huddled around to talk about my secret, which Emma couldn't know about.

"So, when are you going to preform your song? You know, the one about Daniel picking Emma and the pain you felt! That's the best one!", Lawson cheered.

"Yeah, will you girls make sure Emma stays in the bathroom? I would die, if she knew I wrote songs for her and about us.", I asked the girls.

"Sure, but remember, don't get carried away and do an encore, okay?", Cat joked. The girls went to the bathroom to make sure Emma stayed their until my songs were over. There was just something about expressing my feelings into song that madame feel free, alive even. I could practically talk about my fears and feelings without people knowing what I'm talking about! I just prayed that Cat wouldn't blurt it out. She's not the best at keeping secrets.

I started to sing and dance like no one was watching. This was what life felt like, a rush through passion, and betrayal.

Cat's POV:

"Hey Emma!", I greeted.

"Hi, why are you guys in the bathroom?", Emma asked.

"Um......to.......ok I confess! Jax has been writing and singing songs about you and his experience with his friends and ememies at school!", I blurted out.

"Cat!", Maria and Alexa scolded me at the same time.

"Wait, is that what he's doing right now? Lets go.", she huffed. We blocked her to make sure she couldn't get through. Finally, she managed her way through with a spell or two.

"Wait, Emma!", we yelled after her, but it was to late. She made her way into the karaoke room and saw Jax, singing about how she chose Daniel over him. She's was about to call out to him, but she just stood there, paying attention to every lyric there was. When it was over, Jax noticed her, and they both went running to the barracks. That's the last we saw if them.

Emma's POV:

I ran to my bed, drowning in my own tears of sorrow. Just then, Jax came to comfort me.

"Em, I'm really sorry. Its just expressing my life through music, is how I express my connection with my mom. She sang to me every night, and now it's my turn to sing to her, about what's been going on in my life. Please, don't quite on me.", Jax pleaded.

"I'm not mad, its just I never knew you felt that way. You could have just told me.", I answered.

"I know, I should have. Only you know the real me. In my offense thou, I've only seen you for half a day, and all the time I've spent with you was practically you just crying. Come on, lets go have some fun, its your first night. Get to know the girls a little bit more, and the guys. It seems Luke you've already bonded with the girls, especially Cat."

"Yeah, but I don't know what to talk about with the guys. I mean, I don't even know what they like."

"Well, Lawson is actually really into magic, but not with magic. You now, a magician type thing. And Travis, he's like a party man, and a player. We are polar opposites, but somehow, we make it work. Tonight, at least try having a conversation with the guys, okay."

"Okay"

"Now lets go have some fun!", Jax shouted and took my hand and dragged me back to the karaoke room. We danced all night long, until Jax finally urged me to have a conversation with the guys.

"So, Lawson, I hear you're into magic?", I wondered.

"Yeah, are you?", he asked.

"Actually, yes. My friend Tony was a magician, and I actually helped him and was his assistance.", I confessed.

"Wait, you mean Tony the Magnificent? We met in magic school. Nice kid.", he said.

"Oh yeah, and Travis, I was wondering, how many girls did you hit on tonight?", I questioned him.

"Obviously Jax told you about me, and only five. That's way better then I usually do!", he replied.

"Hey, would you mind talking to me, you know, alone.", Travis asked.

"I guess.", I answered. He pulled me out into the hallway, and made sure no one was looking.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?", Travis questioned me.

"No, why?", I told him.

"How about we change that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb, it obvious you need a boyfriend, a protector. Why not have that person be me?"

"Wait, aren't already hooked up with five different girls tonight?"

"No, they all said no. The girls here are rude and tuff, unlike you by the looks of it"

"What about Jax?"

"Its okay, with that Australian charm he can grab any girl's attention. What do you say?"

"I'm sorry but I just met you. How would I know if I even had feelings for you?"

"Like this", he said, then leaned in quick and kissed me.

"Travis!", I shouted, but no one could hear us.

"Well, did you feel anything?", he asked.

"No, the only thing I did feel was betrayal between you and Jax."

"Girl, he doesn't have any feelings for you"

"How would you know?"

"Because I'm his best friend. He told us you were a very good friend, that's all. I didn't know he actually had feelings for you. Every time we asked him he denied it. Please don't tell him, please. Also, lets still be friends.", he begged.

"Fine, but just friends.", I caved. I mean, it was an honest mistake, our relationship can be kind of confusing, right?