Chapter 6

Jax's POV:

"Hey guys, you okay?", I asked when Travis and Emma came back. I trusted them alone together, because he's my best friend and she's, well it's complicated. The rest of the night went by pretty quick. We talked, we laughed, and most importantly, my wish came true.

The moment was precious to me. Sure it wasn't a ballroom, but that's what made it special.

"Ill be right back, I got to go to the bathroom.", Travis said. This was the worsted timing, because a song came on. This song was different then the rest, it was a slow song. The song was called "A Drop in the Ocean", by Ron Pope. Then, I saw that the girls huddled up, I wonder what that was about. Then Lawson pulled me aside and told me to Mae my move. It was time.

Emma's POV:

A slow song came on, my favorite slow song I may add, and the girls brought m e into a huddle.

"Ask him, it looks like he may not ask you, because your the one who usually shuts him down.", Cat urged me.

"What? I do not!", I testified.

"Yeah, okay. Now go get him kid.", Alexa cheered and pushed me to the middle of the room.

"They grow up so fast!", Maria whispered. By this time me and Jax met face to face. I gazed up into his eyes, his wild, kind eyes, and brought up the courage to ask him.

"Would you like to dance?", we said at the both time, in shock. Now, everyone's eyes were on us. I took his hand and dragged him to the center of the room. The song passed by, but it felt like forever we were looking into each other's eyes. He had his hands around my waist, mine on his shoulders, just like it should have always been, and we danced side to side. You could say he swept me off my feet, but I think I did the same to him. At the end of the song, he whispered in my ear softly, "Always"

"Always", I said.