Chapter 4: Meeting

Stoick's POV

I stabbed my knife into the map, "One more search before the ice sets in."

"There's nothing out there chief!" Someone yelled.

"We're vikings! It's an occupational hazard!" I yelled.

"How about we get to the more important matters?!" Spitelout asked crossing his arms.

"What?! That boy?!" I stammered. Everyone nodded and I sighed.

"Well, who was he?!" Spitelout demanded.

"I...I don't know. But we must consider him as threat. He was riding a Night Fury! It seemed like he didn't know how to speak Norse, only a few things." I muttered.

Gobber spoke up quietly, "He looked like someone we knew. Someone we ALL knew. Someone we thought was dead. I'm surprised you didn't recognize him Stoick."

I turned to Gobber now intrigued, "Who was it?"

He turned to me with a grave expression on his face; a look of horror but happiness, "Hiccup..."

The room immediately erupted into chaos, "What?! You think that was Hiccup! The boy we saw wasn't Hiccup! He was strong and RODE a dragon!"

Gobber frowned, "Yes I know that. But did you notice his auburn hair? His emerald green eyes? The scar on his chin he got from falling on the ground?"

I looked down in shame, "He had a hood! Besides there's no way that's Hiccup! How could he have done what that boy did?"

Gobber spoke up in frustration, "Fine! Don't believe me!" Gobber walked out of the Great Hall.