Chapter 7: Mysterious Rider

Hiccup's POV

I was flying away from my home when Toothless growled.

What is it bud?
Dragon...and...human...
What???
A four winged dragon flew from the clouds and circled us. There was a person on the back dressed in armour pointing a staff at me.

A muffled voice, "Follow me!"

The four winged dragon took off and we had no choice but to follow. Tons of dragons trailed behind us as we entered a huge island covered in ice. We flew in the tunnel for a while until we got to a small clearing in the tunnel. We landed and the four winged dragon was nowhere to be found but the person was waiting for us. I got off but Toothless wrapped his tail around me growling. The armoured rider crouched low moving forward. It raised its hand and Toothless rolled over on his belly purring. The person then moved its hand to my face and gasped. I didn't speak.

"Hiccup? Is it really you?" The person took off its mask revealing a woman's face, "After all these years..."

"Do I...do I know you?" I whispered.

"No, you were only a babe, but a mother never forgets." She stood up.

"Mom?! I watched you get captured by the dragon you were riding just a few minutes ago!" I smiled.

"Come!" She ran down the tunnel and I followed with Toothless. We came into a huge sanctuary littered with safe healthy dragons.

"Dragons..." I turned around and looked at her, "This is where you've been for 15 years."

She nodded, "Does your father know about you Night Fury friend?"

"Well about that...the same night you get taken...So did I." She gasped, "I wandered into the woods when Toothless found me. He took me away to the island where he was living. I built a home there and we've been living there ever since. Until, Gobber took some kids I knew to the same island for a fishing trip. I tried to get them to leave, to tell them dragons are amazing creatures but Gobber kept pushing me to go with them which I didn't. They did leave after a few days but then dad came to the island. He wouldn't listen to me either. So I left."

"Oh Hiccup..." She slid down her dragon's wing and walked over to me.

"I don't want to go back Mom. They're dragon killers!" I stammered.

"I know...stay. Stay with me, here! With the great Bewilderbeast!" She pointed her staff at a huge white dragon with big long tusks.

"Wow...it's nothing like the Red Death." I gave the queen dragon of the nest a name.

"What?" She gasped.

"Oh it's this huge dragon I saw at this nest. It controls them in a bad way and makes them raid villages for food. I haven't figured out a way to stop it yet." I shuffled my feet.

"We need to stop it...soon." She sighed.