Chapter 5: Meeting the Gang

Hiccup's POV

     Toothless and I were just walking on the beach at our island when we heard an agrument.

     "Face it Ruff! I'm a better fighter than you!" I heard Tuffnut say.

     "No you're not!" I then heard a punch and a groan.

     Gobber shouted, "Shut up!"

     I got on Toothless and flew to our cave. I walked to the entrance of the cave and looked over the cliff. My short childhood at Berk bullies were here along with Gobber. Must be on a fishing trip. No one noticed me just yet, but I need to say something to them. One of the few phrases I still remember.

     Toothless let's go...
     Hiccup you have got to be kidding me...
     Just trust me...

     I climbed on him again and we flew down to where they made camp. I got off of him as they all stood up. My hood was up so they couldn't recognize me just yet. Astrid had her axe raised and aimed it at me.

     I pulled down my hood and stepped forward, "Get off my island."

     Gobber smiled, "You're the boy from the village? Don't worry we're just here for a fishing trip."

     I laughed as I remembered a few more phrases, "I don't care get off my island! You're dragon killers! I don't want you here!" Toothless snarled.

     Astrid stepped forward, "Do you realize there's a Night Fury behind you?!"

     "I KNOW!" I took a breath, "He's my dragon! His name is Toothless! Now get off my island!"

     Toothless nudged me, Come on, let's go...
     No, they need to leave...
     Gobber said something I thought he'd never say, "Hiccup? I know it's you. I recognized you when you came in the village. I know it's you who stole the leather from YOUR back room."

     "I...needed a saddle. Sorry Gobber." I looked down at my feet.

     He rushed to hug me but Toothless stepped in his way and snarled, "Hiccup will ya come home? You've been gone for ten years!"

     "No...I can't...I don't belong there! He'll kill Toothless! Berkians kill dragons! I'm not going back!" I stepped back to get on Toothless. Astrid rushed at Toothless with her axe and I stopped her, yanking the axe from her hands and tossing it to the side. The gang gasped. Toothless immediately pinned Astrid to the ground and roared. "Why did you do that? Do you HAVE a death wish?"

     Hiccup...make them leave...NOW...
     I pushed Toothless away and Astrid stood up brushing herself off, "Do you?!?!?!"

     "See! This is why I can't go back!" I turned around for a moment refusing to look at the gang.

     Tuff broke the silence, "Cool..."

     I turned around, "You need to leave...NOW!"

     Gobber stepped forward, "No...not without you!"

     I got on Toothless and he hovered in the air, "You'll have to catch me!" We flew as far away from there as possible. I'll go back within a week's time after they've left.