Chapter 18: Berk's Savior

Hiccup's POV

It took us a few hours to get to Berk because we were flying on baby Scuttleclaws. We flew through the fog and Berk came into view. It was covered in ice and the people were hiding.

"No." I mumbled. Drago was on Toothless in front of the Bewilderbeast. "Keep the alpha's focus off of Toothless!" I told the gang.

I flew up to Toothless and reached out my hand. Hey bud...it's me...your best friend...

Drago laughed, "Please try and take him. He will not miss a second time." The alpha moved to underneath us.

You would never hurt him. You would never hurt me. I moved closer and closer my hand just inches from his face. His eyes went back into cubes then into slits. Come back to me bud...I'm your best friend bud...please. There were cubes for a longer period of time then slits again. My hand touched his head. My best friend... Toothless's eyes went into round cubes and he showed me his gummy smile. I cheered.

Drago smacked him with his staff, "NO!"

Toothless grabbed the staff in his jaws and flung Drago off who fell on the Bewilderbeast. The move had caused Toothless to spin out of control and fall towards the ocean. I leaped off my Scuttleclaw and dived towards him. Just before we hit the water I grabbed his saddle and pulled up skimming the water with his wing. Berk cheered.

We flew around the small island. I saw a red flag and ripping a piece of it I tied it around Toothless's eyes. Do you trust me bud? You and me, as one. I rested a hand on his head for a brief moment. I trust you but you're still crazy.

"Let's try this one more time!" I shouted. We flew closer to the alpha and above the ice he was shooting at us. "NOW!" I jumped off of Toothless and glided over the Bewilderbeast letting out Hideous Zippleback gas from one end. Toothless circled back to me and I sparked the explosion. BOOM! I saw the alpha's tail coming up. "Not again!" I whined. Toothless! It's now or never! He flew up to me popping his spikes into two and caught me. We followed the tail up and we made it into the sky. We did it! Drago fell onto the shore of Berk after the explosion and we landed in front of him with Toothless's wing kicking up dust. I took out my flame sword and threw it in front of Drago's staff. "It's all over now." I said putting away my gliding flaps.

He laughed, "Or is it?"

The Bewilderbeast fired ice at me and I screamed, "Oh no!" I crouched down.