Chapter 16: War

Hiccup's POV
     Toothless growled, what is it bud?
     Drago...

     "Mom...it's Drago..." I ran out into the open and my parents followed. "Oh no..."

     "We're a team now. What do you want to do?" My dad asked.

     "Dad let us handle this, please." I pleaded.

     "No. We're in this together." He demanded.

     "Hiccup's right. We know Drago better than anybody." My mom defended me.

     "I can't lose either of you again!" He cried.

     "Just be careful okay." I said.

     We all climbed on our dragons and flew into battle. My mom was getting the alpha while Toothless and I were blowing traps. BOOM! Traps exploded as dragons flew out. I recognized a Deadly Nadder. Astrid.

     Eret was behind her, "Welcome aboard dragon rider."

     He smiled, "Thanks, I think."

     "Astrid what were you doing inside those traps?" I gave her a look.

     "Eret took us there because we were trying to find your dad and we got caught." She gave a shy smile.

     We split up we blew up more traps. The two alphas were fighting and my mom was being pinned to the ground by Drago. Toothless blasted near his feet and my mom got up as Drago fell.

     "You think you can stop them Mom?!" I shouted.

     "I can try!" She cut Cloudjumper loose and flew away.

     I landed in front of Drago and got off Toothless who was snarling. "You need to stop this!"

     He laughed, "This is the son of Stoick the Vast. The great Dragon Master. What shame he must feel."

     "I haven't lived on Berk in 15 years. I vowed to protect them and they all thought I was dead. I vowed to protect them from people like you. Monsters. Dragons are kind passionate creatues that can bring people together. Just let me show you." I gestured to Toothless.

     "No! Let me show you!" He started screaming and waving his staff. The bad alpha killed the good one which I clearly missed. The bad alpha walked over in our direction. He pointed the staff at Toothless who started screeching and whining. He rubbed his head against the ground. His eyes went into slits and he turned towards me. "No one can resist the alpha's command."

     Toothless walked closer opening his mouth. Stop! Snap out of it! I heard my dad screaming my name as he got closer.

     "No Dad! Stop!" He got closer and closer.    

     My dad screamed, "Hiccup!!!!"

     "NO! STOP! DAD! NOOOOO!" I screamed. BOOM! Plasma blast went off and smoke covered us.