Chapter 14: Rescue

Hiccup's POV 5 Years Later

     Toothless and I were at Itchy Armpit. It's a new island I found. It was named after Toothless itching his armpit.

     Toothless and I were playing around when we heard, "NOOOOO! STORMFLY!"

     I gasped and jumped on Toothless, Astrid! We flew straight towards the scream. Astrid was falling into the depths of the ocean and Stormfly was downed by a bola and on a fort of some kind. Toothless dove after her and grabbed her just before she hit the water. Did you get her? He looked down and gave her a gummy smile.

     "Hiccup! Boy am I glad to see you!" She shouted and climbed onto Toothless's back.

     "Astrid what happened?!" I asked.

     "Well I was flying with Stormfly when we saw smoke so we went towards it. The fort where she's at was blown apart by giant spikes of ice. It was weird." She explained.

     I froze. Mom and I were just at that fort yesterday. "Oh that's right. You never met the great Bewilderbeast. Come on let's go save Stormfly."

     We dove down to the fort and landed. Astrid got off with her axe in her hand and I had my flame sword. People stared in awe.

     The lead man said, "You! So you're back again aren't ya?!"

     "Yeah if you don't mind I'll just take her back and we'll be going." I threatened gesturing to Stormfly.

     The man walked around and glanced up at the guys with crossbows. Toothless sensed it and growled. I calmed him.

     "It's not everyday you see a Night Fury." The man said.

     "You just saw him last night! Ya know I never got your name!" I laughed a little.

     "Where are my manners? I'm Eret son of Eret." He drew his machete.

     Eret gave the signal but Toothless fired a plasma blast at an ice spike making it crash to the ground and the broken fort went into chaos. I ran over and cut Stormfly free. Astrid jumped on her and we flew away just in time.

     "You will never hold on to those dragons! Ya here me! Drago is coming for them all!" He shouted.

     As we neared Itchy Armpit we landed and Astrid asked, "Hiccup is it true? Were you really there last night?"

     "Yeah, my mom and I have been rescuing all the dragons for the trappers. Sometimes we go to Drago's hideout as well." I replied.

     "Who's Drago?" She asked again.

     "He's an evil man Astrid. He has scars all over his face and wears a cloak of dragon scales similar to mine. He takes dragons and makes them do his evil bidding." I looked at my feet.

     "Come on let's go tell your dad." She jumped on Stormfly.

     Before she took off I grabbed her hand, "I can't go with you. You know that..."

     "Please Hiccup..." She pleaded.

     I shook my head, "I can't..."

     She wiped a tear from her eye and took off towards Berk. I sighed.
Astrid's POV

     I landed in the center of the village. I ran to the forge knowing the chief would be there.

     "Uh chief can I talk to you about something?" I whispered.

     He pulled me to the side, "What is it Astrid?"

     "I was flying Stormfly today when I noticed smoke. I flew towards it and a fort was covered in giant spikes of ice. I investigated even more when a bola wrapped around us. I would've fallen into the ocean if it weren't for..." I trailed realizing I almost gave Hiccup away.

     "For who?!" He grabbed my shoulders.

     "Hiccup..." I whispered.

     "It can't be..." He muttered.

     "I'm sorry! He made me promise not to tell you! He's doing it to protect Berk! Look...the point is that these people were dragon trappers. And a man named Drago is coming after the dragons..." I said quietly. "Hiccup has been rescuing dragons for years from Drago and his trappers. The lead guy at the fort said that we'll never hold on to our dragons!"

     "We need to find Hiccup. We need to lock up Berk!" He stormed out of the forge.

     What have I done?