Chapter 6: Reuniting

Gobber's POV

I rushed to the great hall yelling for Stoick.

He sat up from staring at the fire, "What is it Gobber?"

"Hiccup's alive! He lives on the island we were at for a fishing trip! He's the boy with the Night Fury!" I jumped up and down excitedly.

"We need to get a search party out there!" I ran towards the door.

"No! He doesn't want to be found! He doesn't want to come back Stoick! He was riding a Night Fury! He can't come back! We're dragon killers and you'd kill his dragon!" I grabbed his arm.

He shoved it away and stomped out the door.
Hiccup's POV
After a while of flying I decide to turn around and go back to our island. We landed in front of our cave and I sat there dangling my feet over the edge of the cliff. Gobber probably told my dad where I am so I'll wait for them to come. After sitting there all night ships finally came into view. There were only three ships and my dad and Gobber were on the lead ship. I stood up watching the ships come in and Toothless stood next to me. My dad looked up and I think he finally noticed me watching them. The ships touched the shore and I climbed on Toothless. There were no catapults but every person was armed with a bola you could throw. Toothless flew close to the ships and I stood on his back to show there was someone on him. He landed and my dad stepped forward.

"Hiccup? Is that really you?" He reached out his hand but I shrunk away.

I simply nodded staying close to Toothless.

"What are you doing? Riding a dragon?" He came closer and I kept stepping back.

"He's my friend. He took me away from Berk and cared for me when I wandered in the woods the night of that dragon raid. He's my best friend. Toothless took me away from you...you dragon killers." Toothless growled wrapping his tail around me.

"They're beasts Hiccup." My dad muttered.

"No they're not! They're intelligent gentle creatures! Toothless never harmed me!" I shouted.

"He took you away from home!" He argued

"No! He took me away from hell! You kill dragons! He knew that's not what's best for me!" I got on Toothless, "Go away!"

We took off into the skies to find a new home somewhere far far away from Berk.