Chapter 10: Astrid

Astrid's POV A Month Later
I sat in the ring watching the Deadly Nadder run around. The dragon still didn't trust me. Thump. The Nadder perked up and I stood up as well. Squeak. Tap. Squeak. Tap. A small boy stood at the edge of the shadows and two pairs of green eyes opened. Hiccup.
Hiccup's POV
I knew Astrid was trying to train the Deadly Nadder. I knew my dad was trying to get the dragons as pets. I needed to help her. I got off of Toothless and walked to the edge of the shadows. Toothless stood behind me.

"You're not going to train her like that Astrid." I stepped from the shadows and crossed my arms.
Astrid's POV
"Hiccup! I knew you were alive!" I smiled.

"Don't tell my dad. Not now. Please." He walked closer to me with Toothless behind him.

"What?! Why not?!" I was shocked.

"When I woke up I vowed to protect Berk. It's better this way. I came to help you train the Deadly Nadder then you're on your own." He muttered.

"Thanks..." He grabbed my hand and raised it towards the dragon.
Hiccup's POV
I grabbed Astrid's hand and raised it towards the Deadly Nadder.

It's okay she won't hurt you...
You have a Night Fury with you boy...
He's my best friend.
I trust you...
"Hiccup what are doing?" Astrid broke our conversation.

"I was talking to her." I simply replied.

The Nadder pushed her nose into Astrid's hand and purred. Astrid chuckled. "This is so cool. Shall I give you a name?" The Deadly Nadder purred even louder, "How about...Stormfly?"

The Deadly Nadder licked Astrid wildly. I smiled, "She loves it. She's your dragon now Astrid. Feed her and make sure you take her out everyday for flights. You should learn dragonease, the language of the dragons. Only you. Nobody else. Your bond with her is strong. I can feel it. Build a saddle. Train the other dragons. If you need any help what so ever just write to me."

"Wow thanks Hic..." She was cut off by some noise.

"Astrid! You in here!" Stoick's voice boomed.

"Oh no..." Hiccup whispered.

"Quick! Hide!" Astrid shoved me into the shadows.

Toothless covered me with his wings so we blended in more.

"Did you finally train the dragon?" He asked.

Astrid glanced at me and turned back to Stormfly who was nudging Astrid nervously, "Yeah. Chief this is Stormfly my dragon. She's amazing!"

He clapped his hands making Toothless anxious, "That's great!"

Hiccup we need to leave, NOW
"What was that?" My dad asked.

Astrid pushed him towards the door, "Nothing! If you don't mind we'd like some privacy!"

I quietly got on Toothless and flew out of the ring.

"Dragon! Astrid go after it!" That was the last thing I heard my dad say.
Astrid's POV
I nodded grabbing some rope and using it to secure myself onto Stormfly, "Follow that dragon!"

I was following Hiccup. But Stoick had no idea who it was.

"Hey! Wait up!" I shouted to the black dot speeding up to the clouds.