Chapter 11: Astrid Meets Mom

Hiccup's POV
I stopped and hovered in the air turning around to face Astrid, "Astrid please! You shouldn't be here!"

"Hiccup come back! Come home to Berk! Your dad ordered me to follow you!" She said.

"What?! Why?!" I asked. She shrugged. "Come on, there's something you need to see. And someone to meet."

I sped off leading her to the sanctuary. We flew through the tunnels and into the open area with the dragons.

"Hiccup who are we meeting?" She asked.

"Hiccup your mom is dead..." She trailed off as my mother came out of the shadows.

"Oh I'm very much alive my dear." She said smiling.

"No way!" She shouted.

"She's been living here for 15 years. She found me a while ago. I've been living here since. She even took me here after I defeated the Red Death." I said.

"I saw you watching the funeral. It broke everyone's heart to think you were dead. When I saw you there watching I knew I couldn't tell anyone. I'm so glad you're alive." Astrid blushed.

I smiled, "Thanks. Look, Astrid you have to go back okay. You can't stay here. Tell my dad you lost me in the clouds. Don't tell anyone about the sanctuary. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." Astrid smiled sadly.

She turned around getting on Stormfly and flew down the tunnels.
Astrid's POV
When I got back to Berk the chief was there waiting for me, "Well? Who was it?"

I got off Stormfly and looked at him sadly, "Sorry I lost him in the clouds."

He nodded sadly. I went home with Stormfly on my heels. I knew then Hiccup would protect us no matter what but he wouldn't come home.