Chapter 19: New Alphas

Valka's POV

I saw Toothless cover Hiccup just as the ice covered the both of them. I ran over to the block and pounded on it. "No! No! No! Hiccup..." I screamed. Suddenly the ice started glowing blue and I could hear the faint sound of screech. I backed away quickly. BOOM! The ice exploded.
Hiccup's POV

Toothless was covering me with his left wing roaring at the Bewilderbeast. I was crouching below panting. He looked at me and gave a small gummy smile before flying up to an ice spike and roared even more.

I realized what he was doing, "He's challenging the alpha!"

My mother noticed too, "To protect you!"

Toothless shot plasma blast after plasma blast. Then he jumped down to another spike and shot more. He flew down to me and roared. The dragons that were controlled by the alpha came over to Toothless's side. I got on Toothless and we flew up to a spike.

"You see! This is what it means to earn a dragon's loyalty! Let this end! Now!" I stated.

"Never!" Drago screamed refusing to back down.

Toothless roared and turned his head to the other dragons. They all got ready to shoot fireballs. Toothless shot another plasma blast giving the cue to the other dragons. They fired their fireballs. Toothless prepared the biggest plasma blast ever and fired. CRACK! A tusk from the Bewilderbeast fell and he roared in pain. Toothless roared so loud and menacingly the Bewilderbeast accepted defeat and swam away with Drago still on him. The Berkians cheered. I looked one last time in the ocean and flew back down to the center of the village. Gobber ran up to me and I looked at him sadly.

"Dad is dead. I'm sorry Gobber." I said. The village gasped.

Someone asked, "Who will be our chief?!"

I got off of Toothless, "I will!"

They replied, "And who are you?"

"Someone you thought was dead. I am Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. The Dragon Master. The first person to ride a dragon. A Night Fury to be exact." I explained.

Everyone gasped, "We saw you fall into the fire!"

"I was saved by Toothless!" I answered.

Gothi stepped forward and gestured to some ashes. I knelt down and she drew a symbol on my forehead. I stood up and turned to the village.

Gobber spoke, "The chief has come home!"

The chants started, "LONG LIVE THE CHIEF! LONG LIVE THE CHIEF!"

I touched heads with Toothless, you never seize to amaze me bud. Thank you...

Eret walked up smiling, "That was some pretty fine dragon wrangling back there. You'd make a good trapper."

Skullcrusher, my dad's dragon, nudged him and Eret laughed. "You know, he's going to need someone to look after him."

"I'd be honored to." Eret grinned even wider.

My mom walked up to me and hugged me, "Your father would be every bit of proud as I am."

"Thanks Mom!" I beamed.

This is Berk. A bit trampled and busted in ice, but it's home. It's our home. Those who attacked us are relentless and crazy. But those who stopped them, oh even more so! We may be small in numbers, but we stand for something bigger than anything the world can pin against us. We are the voice of peace, and bit by bit, we will change this world. You see, we have something they don't. Oh sure, they have armies, and they have armadas. But we...we have...our dragons!!!!!