The Pain of Change

"Nnnngh..."

Purifier slowly opened her eyes, looking around her, she realizes she was lying on a bed.

'A bed? So someone found me, but who's bed-'

*BEEP*

'Oh...infirmary'

The door to the infirmary opened, revealing Vestal, who had a clipboard at her side. She turned to look at her patient, happier now that she was awake.

Vestal: Welcome back to the world! You were out cold there

"I'm sorry, what?"

Vestal: Someone found you asleep on a tree, you were twitching slightly so they brought you here believing you were suffering from a seizure

"Oh...I'll have to thank them if I meet them later"

Vestal: That can wait, I have to make sure you're alright to get up

After a few minutes of her moving about and looking at different machines, she came to Purifier and sat down next to her.

Vestal: I hope you don't mind me asking some questions?

"Nope"

Vestal: Good...first, why were you out there?

"I woke up early and went after my shower...actually, about that-"

Vestal: Sorry for cutting you off, but I need to do this quickly just in case, alright?

Purifier shut her mouth and didn't speak anymore.

Vestal: Next, do you have any explanation as to why you were twitching?

"...I'll answer that later"

Vestal: Hmm...I'll take it for now. Final question,are you feeling suicidal or otherwise self deprecating?

"Not at all"

Vestal: Good, I at least have a general Idea of what's going on

"I'm not sure you do"

Vestal: Then tell me, it would help me a lot

"Well...I have these hallucinations, they were so vivid and...real"

Vestal: Hallucinations?...and the twitching...

...

Vestal had a solemn look and turned to leave the room, leaving Purifier alone.

'Why did she just go like that? Is she getting something?'

Her throat felt dry, thankfully Vestal left a glass of water on the side. She reached out to drink it and felt instantly refreshed.

"Aah~, nothing like a swig of water when you wake up"

She looked down at the now half full glass, panic started to grow in her.

'Why did this happen too me? Is it hallucinations? Or-

*SPLASH*

"What the?!-"

A hand reached out from the glass, grabbing her face and trying to drag her into it, which now had water that absorbed all the light that it hit.

'It's...it's just like that Dream!'

She freaked out, and tried to pull away from it, only to have it latch onto her neck, and pull harder.

She pulled with all her might, but the hand didn't budge, from the glass, she could hear something echoing.

Join us