Me, We

Purifier started to stir in her sleep, sweat broke out on her head, as she whimpered softly.

Her nightmare was just as the hallucinations, she was suffering from the atrocities depicted in them.

She could only hope for relief, even for a moment.
—————
An ocean, surrounded on all sides by the abyss, the small amount of water that sat in the middle housed the huddled and terrified Purifier.

She had suffered through terrible events in this mindscape, she saw blood, destruction.

She even saw a fatally wounded Yorktown.

She was crying in a ball, hoping that the event was over.

The ocean around her slowly vanished, and when the small amount around her disappeared, she was floating in the darkness.

"Is...is it over?"

...

"What's going on?"
?: What going on?

Purifer lost her color, as she looked over her shoulder to find the voice.

She found nothing behind her, but the voice, they were nearby, she felt it.

"Who's there?!"

?: Who are you?! I can't see you!

She looked around her, and was able to find a faint glow in one of the directions. Testing if she could, she tried to float over, thankfully it worked.

"Hold on, I'm coming!"

?: I can't see anything!

"Calm down! I'm nearly there!"

She reached the light and grasped it, as she touched it, she felt it grow, as a blinding light overcame her vision.

...

She felt the burn in her eyes, and was able to open her eyes once that feeling disappeared.

She felt completely overwhelmed at what she saw, it was a meadow. There was grass, animals, and the sky was bright and happy.

But the part that struck the most was the girl sitting in front of her.

?: H-hello?

"..."

?: Miss?

Purifier shook out of her stupor, anger filling her eyes.

"Who are you?!"

?: Eeep! U-um...

"Are you made from the cube?!"

?: The what?

Purifier's eye twitched

"So your playing dumb?!"

?: No, I don't know what you're talking about!

"Stop mocking me!"

?: I am not!

The woman started to cry, only then did Purifier realized something else.

"Hold on"

?: W-what? What's wrong?

"You..."

"You look just like me"
——
The two of them were sat together, watching the plains in front of them.

...

"Sooo..."

?: It's ok, I forgive you for the outburst

"But-"