The Beginning of the End

Purifier was sat in Hornet's room, passing the time by reading a book. The recent mission was something she had her mind on but for now she could only wait for them to get back.

*knock**knock*

"Come in!"

The door opened, as Vestal popped her head into the room.

Vestal: You doing ok in here?

"Relax, Alpha dealt with that whole situation...at least for now"

Vestal still seemed a bit nervous, but she put down her worries and came inside.

Vestal: So what are you reading right now?

"To kill a Mockingbird. It's honestly pretty decent"

Vestal: I read it too, I loved it! Especially the hidden message of the book

"Hidden message?"

Vestal: Yeah, about how a Mockingbird represent puri-

"SPOILERS!!"

Purifier quickly clamped her hands around Vestal's mouth before she could say anything.

"I'm still reading this, so no spoilers ok?"

Vestal nodded, and Purifier's hands dropped from her mouth.

Vestal: Anyway, I came to tell you that the group is coming home soon

"Really? Well I should be there to meet them then"

She bookmarked her spot and stood up. Vestal and Purifier walked outside and went to the docks, where other girls were already waiting for the groups return.

"So when did they call in?"

Vestal: About an hour ago, they were a few kilometers out, so they should be here soon

Purifier nodded and looked back out to the ocean, and as Vestal predicted, they fleet was soon found sailing over the horizon.

"Hey, you don't mind if I go out to see them right?"

Vestal:*smiles* Go right ahead

Purifier activated her rigging and flew out to meet the girls. She skimmed the waters surface and felt the splash of the waves.

'Have to give them a nice welcome after all'

"Hey everyone! Welcome back!"

She was met with silence from everyone.

"Is...everything alright?"

Wales:*sigh* No...I think you should go to Yorktown and Hornet right now, they need you

'What? This is serious freaking me out'

She flew to the back of the fleet, setting foot on Yorktown's carrier. She walked around until she spotted the two sitting on the bridge.

"Hey you two! Is everything ok?!"

They looked to her, and Purifier could clearly see the tears in their eyes.

"What happened?!"

She flew to them and wrapped them in a hug. After a short time, Hornet returned the hug, holding her tightly as she cried into her shoulder.

"Mom, what's going on?"

Yorktown:...Look...

Purifier looked down to where she directed her gaze, spotting the two objects in her hands.

"..."
—————

Kaga: So you think we're ready to start it?

Akagi: I do dear sister, the Orochi is finally ready to be unveiled