The Eagle's Lament

Q.E: Are we sure there's anything out here?

Wales: This was the last known location of the signal, so they must still be here

The meeting yesterday decided to send out a number of Azur lane's fighting force to the unknown signal. Their goal was to observe it, and decide whether or not to advance.

They had found the origin of the broadcast, but there wasn't a single soul in sight. Even the aircraft found nothing but ocean for miles around.

Enterprise: Where could that origin point be?

She scanned the surroundings once more, still finding nothing.

Wales: Enterprise

Enterprise: Hm?

Wales: I think...we may have found our culprit

She pointed behind Enterprise, who followed her finger and found a strange purple crack that sat in the air.

Enterprise: What...is that?

Suddenly, the crack grew, before it exploded outwards, engulfing the area in a purple hue.

Q.E: Damnit! Everyone get away!

The girls turned around and set to maximum speed, attempting to escape the sphere. The destroyers did their best to haul the slower girls away from it.

Wales: Enterprise, get out of there!

Enterprise was the closest to the anomaly, and being a carrier made her incredibly slow as well. As the bubble consumed her, she vanished, before it shrunk back down and disappeared, leaving nothing behind.

Wales: DAMNIT!!
—————

A blinding light filled Enterprise's vision, eventually, the light dies down and allowed her to open her eyes.

All around her was the endless ocean, the sky was an inky purple, with the ocean reflecting the same color. The ocean felt abnormal, as if it didn't belong.

?: Well then, we only got one fish out of the whole barrel

She turned to the voice, up in the sky was Akagi, who was floating with the black wisdom cube hovering just above her hand.

Enterprise: Akagi...

Akagi: I'm glad I at least caught the biggest fish

Enterprise: Damnit, where are we?!

Akagi: Where? Why, a mirror sea of course. A world where the sirens can experiment and test without the world batting an eye

The cube floated higher than before, as it glowed and summoned a large number of portals.

Akagi: And the place where the Grey Ghost will meet her end!

Countless planes flew through the portal, quickly blanketing the sky with their shapes, the sounds of their engines a deafening roar.

Enterprise: W-what the hell...

Akagi didn't respond, she only savagely grinned.

Enterprise pulled her bow back, and launched an arrow that destroyed several planes, which were quickly replaced.

Enterprise: Damnit! I can't get any planes in the air AND I'm pinned down!

She dodged the gunfire and bombs of the first few waves, but her fatigue caught up incredibly quick. The intense amount of dodging she needed to do quickly caught up to her, finally letting a bomb through.

Enterprise: GAAAH!!

Akagi: That's it Enterprise! Scream for me!

Enterprise: This is bad, this is really really bad!

She jumped back to avoid a bomb, only to get hit by another one. She screamed in pain as shrapnel pierced her back.

Akagi: This is perfect! This power will finally allow my sister to return to us!

Enterprise: You...wont get what you want...from that thing...

Akagi: Oh but I already have~. You will finally stop being a thorn in my side, and I will finally get my family back!

The cube glowed even brighter, as she summoned a massive portal that was charging a laser.

Akagi: Say hello to Izanami for me!!

The laser was shot from the portal, and impacted Enterprise. She could only watch as Hell stared her in the eyes.

Enterprise: I can't move away from it!

The laser hit her, burning away her skin and disintegrating her rigging.

Enterprise: It hurts! It feels like fire!!

She felt her mind slipping from the pain of the laser, she gave a smile as she gazed into her death.

Enterprise: I...hope they can still find a way to win...

Her body crumbled, whisking away her flesh and bones, leaving only her wisdom cube behind.

Enterprise: I'm sorry...Sisters...Simon...

CRASH
—————

Outside of the mirror sea, the rest of Azur lane sat uneasily, they couldn't get in to assist Enterprise from whatever was happening.

Cleveland: This is so frustrating! She could be hurt in there!

Wales: I know it's hard, but we have to have faith in her

To the side, two figures sat down on their ships, nervously tapping their feet.

Hornet: Do you...think she's doing ok?

Yorktown: I don't know, but I can only pray she is

?: Hey! Look!

A shout brought their attention to the area, a pulse of energy was released from where the crack use to be.

Wales: Everyone stand back!

Giving the ball of light space, it settled down on the water, before expanding.

Cleveland: What's it doing?

Q.E: I'm not sure

The energy continued to change shape, before it's glow calmed down, and the ball faded away.

...

Wales: Is that...

In place of where the ball once was, was a metallic structure...it was familiar.

Hornet drew closer to it, as Yorktown followed her.

Cleveland: Hey, you shouldn't get clo-

Wales clamped her hand over her mouth, urging her to stay quiet.

The two got closer to it, ultimate coming upon the objects.

It was Enterprise's bow and cap.

With a shaky hand, Hornet bent down and grasped the two object in her hands. Yorktown's legs quivered under her, as she stared at the most prized possessions of her sister.

Yorktown: N-no...

Hornet felt something underneath the cap, so she turned it over to find what was inside.

What she found was a small blue gem, softly glowing in the shade.

She picked it up and watched it, as she started to cry. Yorktown followed suit, collapsing to her knees on the ocean.

Yorktown:*crying* En-....Enty...

The gem started to turn to dust in the wind, leaving only a speck behind as Hornet clenched her fist, shaking.

Hornet:*crying* ENTERPRIIIISE!!

She fell to her knees screaming in anguish. The other girls stood silent, saluting to their fallen comrade.

From her glossy eyes, Hornet could see the bow she held in her hands. She held it to her chest as she cried even more.

Enterprise, fighting hard to the end...has died