Yorktown Class Things

It was dead silent at the Cafe, no one dared to utter a word, the stare down between the Siren and the Carrier was the center of attention for everyone present.

Purifier was staring at Enterprise, scared of what she's thinking. While the woman herself was clenching her fists, visibly shaking with anger.

The Siren was slowly moving, preparing to duck in cover if she pulls out her bow. But instead of receiving an arrow to the chest, she felt guilt.

Enterprise was crying

Purifier could see the tears on her cheeks, they slowly drained down and fell to the floor, everyone was shocked to see THE Enterprise crying, some thought it was impossible.

Enterprise: Why...

More silence ensued as she was softly crying.

Enterprise: Why did you do it?

"Do...what?"

Enterprise jerked her head up to look into Purifier's eyes, her own violet hues lined with tears.

Enterprise: Why did you have to accept that deal?!

"So...Yorktown told you then?..."

Enterprise: Tell me!

She grabbed Purifier's shoulders, hard

Enterprise: WHY DID YOU BECOME A SIREN?!

After the outburst, no one dared to speak, they only watched as the ever vigilant Enterprise fell to her knees and kept crying. Purifier just sat there, staring at the disheveled girl. If anyone could look at her eyes, they looked cold.

"I was given a choice Enterprise, I was never shown much compassion here, mostly acceptance, save for a few people. I was given a chance to walk on my two legs again, something I haven't done in years"

Purifier stood over Enterprise

"I would get my freedom from that chair, even if I could roam, it was never far, it wasn't much better than a prison"

Enterprise: Why...why di-didn't you tell us?...

"...you were never around to ask"

Enterprise: What?

"You were always on a mission, caring for the safety of everyone on base, and I thank you for that, you looked out for the people who couldn't do it themselves, but it didn't get rid of all our problems"

Enterprise:...So what now? What a-are you going to do?

"First..."

Purifier crouched down to Enterprises level, and hugged her.

"...get you out of this constant state of near death"

Enterprise:...

"Then...ehh, I work from there"

Enterprise slowly returned the hug, her tears drying up, happy she had an answer to Simon's state.

Wales: This is heartwarming, isn't it George?

George: I guess so, but I'm waiting for them to realize that the entire cafe is staring at them

Enterprise/Purifier: Oh...

Breaking the hug and blushing from embarrassment, Enterprise tried to walk away from the situation, unfortunately, fate had other plans...

In the form of a wet spot on the floor.

Enterprise: Wo-WOAH!

She started to fall, trying to find something to grab onto.

"Woa holy sh-!"