Chapter 7

**Three days later**

A crash erupted in the training room where Demetri, Alec and Brenton were training.

"He'll be fine, Jane," Heidi whispered in her ear, Heidi's hand placed on Jane's shoulder comforting her, "I'm sure Brenton will do fine with his training."

Jane sighed as she stood in the atrium of the castle with Heidi, while Heidi was training a new worker on the reception. Jane didn't know the young girl's name, nor did she really care about this human since she only looked at humans as meals. Heidi watched Jane with interest, as Jane kept glancing at the double, ivory with golden trimming doors of the training room was located with concern in her eyes. Heidi switched her attention to the human trainee receptionist when the human made an error, Heidi made a clicking sound with her tongue and took an envelope off the receptionist desk and gave it to the human girl.

"Go in the throne room and give this to Aro, please," Heidi ordered, "Be sure to knock before entering the room." The human girl took the envelope and timidly and got up from the desk chair and nervously walked to the throne room.

"You just sent her to her death didn't you, Heidi?" Jane asked, monotone, observing her already perfect nails and peering at Heidi. A smirk started to form on Heidi's face as she sat down at the desk and started working on the computer, fixing the mistakes the poor human girl have committed.

"Of course not," Heidi chipper and smiled up at Jane, "Not all humans are worth it, Jane." 

Jane rolled her eyes and glanced at the doors once more, Heidi let out a sigh and got up and stood next to Jane. "I have never seen you act like this, Jane," Heidi whispered softly enough for Jane to hear, "All my time here at this castle with you and not once have I seen you so worried about a lower-ranked guard."

"He's not just a lower-ranked guard, Heidi," Jane muttered, looking at the floor.

"Then what is he, Jane," Heidi whispered back, empathy in her voice.

Jane let out a sigh, "I don't know." Heidi grew more concern, she has never seen Jane like this.

"Did you talk to Alec about it?"

Jane let out a harsh laugh, "Alec and I haven't been talking since we had that fight, why should I talk to him about this? Alec thinks that I endangered the coven for saving Brenton so I don't think that is in the picture right now." Heidi glanced at the doors where another crash erupted and let out a sigh and glanced back at Jane once more.

"I think you should talk to Marcus about this," Heidi commented, "He might be able to give some guidance with this." Jane's angelic appearance turned hard, and let out a sigh.

"Marcus was the one and gave the idea of Brenton staying," Jane confessed.

"What?" Heidi exclaimed, "He did that?" Jane nodded while looking at Heidi who looked shocked with her mouth hung open. "Then talk to Marcus, he must know something of what is going on then, go talk to him now!"

"But Heidi, I-"

"No, Jane, you need to talk to Marcus about what in the name of the gods is going on."

Heidi took Jane's hand and led her to Marcus's personal study and knocked on the door, and then opened the door to see Marcus reading.  "Master," Heidi announced, "Jane would like to talk to you about certain situation."

"Sit down, Jane, my child," Marcus put down his book and gestured to the seat in front of him, Jane walked in a sat down across from Marcus. "Heidi, you can take your leave now, " Marcus ordered looking up at Heidi.

"Yes, Master," Heidi bowed and left the room, closing the door behind her, leaving Marcus and Jane alone in his personal study.

"Master Marcus, I am so confused in what happened a few days ago," Jane confessed to her master, "I don't know what is going on with me."

"Well, my child, I do have answers," Marcus answered, smiling a sorrowfully, "Let me explain what I think what's going on."