Chapter 9: The Past Comes To Haunt Us

The thick forest surrounding Brenton as he held a pair of binoculars and was peering through the distance, his gorgeous hazel eyes shimmered as he lowered the binoculars and looked over to his right at his partner of the Hunter's Society of the Supernatural .

"Do you see where the Lycans went?" Brenton's partner asked, peering down at Brenton from a boulder, "If they find us we are screwed, Brenton." Brenton let out a low chuckle, and looked up at his colleague.

"Don't worry, I see them," Brenton answered, "They don't seem to be doing any harm at the moment, Carter."

Carter let out a nervous sigh, and jumped down towards Brenton from the boulder and took the binoculars out of Brenton's out reached hand, and peered through it. "Where is their leader?" Carter asked, peering at Brenton from the corner of his eye and peered through it again, "I can't see him."

"He should be there with them," Brenton commented, "He wouldn't leave his coven if the Romanian Coven is on the prowl."

"And the Volturi is on the prowl too," Carter  answered back, still peering through the binoculars, "I do not want to be their meal today, Brenton."

"I don't want to be a meal for neither of them, Carter," Brenton muttered, " But, we have a job to do."

Carter let out a sigh and looked over at Brenton, "I know" he muttered back, "But you do know that they did tell us that this is a very dangerous time to be out. However, you insisted with going on this mission that the society gave you and dragged me along too."

"Sorry, but do I have to remind you that you volunteered to come with me?" Brenton argued, peering at Carter with slight annoyance, "Just because I am your head officer doesn't mean that I want to put you endanger because I think it would be fun, It's not, and I wouldn't have asked you if I knew you weren't cut out for this." Brenton sighed and stood up and walked over to their travel bags that was given to them via the Hunter's Society. "We have a mission to complete, no matter what this situation means."

"And what does this situation means?" A deep, husky voice boomed behind Brenton and Carter and startled them, leading Carter to jump and throwing the binoculars in the air and breaking on the ground. Brenton turned around and saw the leader of the Lycan pack in front of him peering down at them with his glowing orange-blood red eyes.

"Hello, Dakota Fang, my name is Brenton Smith, we are here because of the Hunter's Society," Brenton introduce himself in a professional manner, "The society has been getting reports that your pack has been haunting the humans in the nearby villages in large, concerning quantities,  we would like to discuss with you a few different plans for you to be able to feed your pack while keeping the human race safe from extinction."

Dakota watched Brenton with a thoughtful gaze, then his gaze shifted towards Carter, who was shaken to his core and was undeniably terrified with being caught by the alpha of the pack. Dakota jumped down from the boulder he was standing on right in front of Brenton, peering down onto him, his jet black hair was scruffy from living in the wilderness for a few months.

"I haven't been notified that they would have sent a hunter to observe my pack for something we cannot help," Dakota growled low enough for Brenton to hear, "My pack and I are also endanger because of the Romanian Coven is trying to kill their former prisoners from getting in the hands of the Volturi, and the Hunter Society is risking us being found by them."

"Well, that is not our intent, Dakota," Brenton confessed, "We were sent to check in on other matters."

"Sure it is," Dakota chuckled, darkly, "that is what they all say." That took Brenton dumbfounded, he was about to ask until a howl ripped through the forest and Dakota let out a deep growl.

"They found us," Dakota growled, and glared at Brenton, "You caused this, you caused us to be found by the Romanian Coven." Carter then ran off in the opposite direction up the steep hill, running as fast as he could, Brenton watched in horror as a creature ran at Carter and threw him into a boulder at great strength. As Carter's head hit the boulder, it cracked his skull causing blood to stain the boulder as Carter's lifeless body fell on the moss, forest floor with blood surrounding him and being absorbed, the creature stood over him and leaned down next to Carter's neck and bit into his neck deeply. Brenton turned to see Dakota was gone, gone away from the scene, and Brenton looked at his colleague's lifeless body and ran in the opposite direction away from the creature that killed his friend.

"Where do you think your going?" A voice with a Romanian accent stopped Brenton in his tracks, and turned slowly towards the voice behind him. The man behind Brenton had platinum blonde hair with red eyes peering down at the hunter with a sinister smile, "Oh goodie, I could drink you dry like your friend over there." The vampire stalked over to him until another vampire, the creature that killed Carter walked over and placed his hand on the his partner's shoulder.

"Let's not kill this one, Vladimir," The creature whispered to the vampire known as Vladimir , also known as Dracula.

Vladimir looked hopeful and peered at his partner, "I agree with you, Stefan," Vladimir agreed, "He'll be a great addition to our coven." An Brenton was knocked off his feet and Stefan lunged at him and bit into him long enough for the venom to go through Brenton like wild fire, then all Brenton seen was pitch black.