Chapter 16

The trip back to Volturra, Italy was not eventful at the very least, as they reached the castle before dawn Alec, Jane, Demetri, Felix, and Brenton walked into the throne room where the three masters were sitting there waiting for their arrival. Aro got up from his throne and clapped his hands together as he walked down towards his head guards with his creepy smile and held his hand out to Alec.

"May I?" Aro asked, smiling at Alec who gladly placed his hand on his master's hand, transferring everything that took place with the pack including the fight and the conversation with Dakota Fang, "Oh dear, I am glad everyone came back in one piece," Aro exclaimed with concern when he saw Alec's memory of the fight. After about what felt like an hour, Aro released Alec's hand and walked over to his throne chair and sat down and gazed down at his guard with content.

"You are released for now," Caius ordered, with a sinister smile, "We will summon you back to the throne room when our meal comes." The five guards exited the throne room to head to their rooms to rewind for a bit before being summoned once more to the throne room.

Demetri and Felix were walking ahead of the others, debating rather or not they were going to play some video games while they wait. " How about Smash Bros?" Felix asked, hopeful.

Demetri shook his head, "No, last time we played Smash Bros you lost and you happen to be an extreme sore loser."

"I am not," Felix argued and offended, "You are more of the sore loser."

"No, man, last time you lost Smash Bros you thrown the switch controller at the TV and broke it severely," Demetri explained, clicking his tongue, "Remember?"

"Fine," Felix grumbled," that TV was crap anyways, good thing I got you a new one."

"How about Mario Kart?" Demetri asked, "So I can kick your ass."

"Who says you're going to kick my ass," Felix smirked, "I might be the one who kicks your ass at Mario Kart."

"Hey, Brenton," Demetri exclaimed, "You want to play Mario Kart?"

"No, I think I'll pass," Brenton answered, smiling, "Thanks for asking though." Demetri nodded and hit Felix's shoulder as they raced to Demetri's room to play Mario Kart. Jane walked over next to Brenton and placed her head on his arm, Brenton moved Jane closer to him and wrapped his arms around her and held her in an embrace. They didn't realize that Alec was behind them until Jane's brother cleared his throat, Brenton and Jane turned to see Alec folding his arms with a sense of annoyance towards Brenton then walked passed them toward Demetri's room to hang out with the boys.

"Good, kitty," Jane said teasingly towards Brenton, patting his chest.

"Let's go watch a movie," Brenton said to Jane, smirking while they walked over to Brenton's room.

"What do you want to watch?" Jane asked, still cuddled in Brenton's arms, looking up at him.

Brenton shrugged and smiled down at Jane, "I have some ideas, but it is a surprise."

"A surprise?" Jane exclaimed, as they reached Brenton's bedroom door as Brenton opened the door for Jane to go in first, then Brenton followed in after her an closed the door behind them.