Chapter 2

"Pain". 

The scream of agony echoed on the marble walls as a newborn vampire fell in the middle of the floor in the throne room of the Volturi Covens' residences in Volterra, Italy. Three thrones with three men stared down the newborn vampire crippled to the floor screeching in agony, the middle one, Aro, lifted his hand looking at one of his guards to motion her to stop so he can perform the trail with haste. Without a second wasted, the newborn vampire settled and looked up at the three men in front of her, then peered timidly towards Jane, a young girl with blond hair and blood red eyes who was watching her master carefully. 

Aro stood up from his throne and glided over to the newborn vampire, "Oh child, may I?" He asked, holding out his hand towards the young vampire to read her. She timidly placed her hand on his and whimpered as he saw everything that had happened and what she has done in her life. After a few minutes Aro moved his hand away and pressed them together and walked away from her.

"What a shame..." He commented disappointedly as he sat down back on his throne, then motioned his guards to move next to the newborn. "You have exposed our kind to a human, so you and that human must be disposed."

"Please Don't Touch Her," The newborn screeched , " I swear I didn't know she was watching me when I killed that human, Master Aro!" 

Aro looked at both guards and stared at the newborn. 

"The Volturi doesn't give second chances," Aro announced to the vampire, struggling to get out of the guards' restricted arms. 

The man with blonde hair who sat on Aro's right side, Caius, smirked and looked at his guards. "Destroy her," He ordered, and in minutes the newborn was nothing more than ashes on the floor. 

...

Jane sighed as she entered the head guards' common area and plopped down next to her brother, Alec, who was reading the newspaper. 

"How was the trial, sister?" Alec asked, still reading the newspaper. 

"Like every other trial that occurs here, Alec," Jane answered, as she reached for the book laying on the coffee table to look at it. Alec peered over at his sister and placed the newspaper down.

"What's wrong, Jane?" Alec asked facing towards his sister, who was still examining the book.

"Nothing," Jane answered, while she skimmed through the novel. Alec was still looking at his older sister, watching her flip the pages loudly until she got to a chapter that pecked her interest.

"Jane, that is not how books work," Alec commented, annoying his sister on purpose to see if she bursts and tells him what's wrong, and he put his hand on the book that Jane was looking at and sighed ,"My goodness, Sister, over a few decades you would think you would know the order of how to read a book." Jane gave Alec a sharp glare and let out a sigh, putting the book down on the table and relaxed into the couch.

"I feel lonely," she finally said, in a light whisper.

"What do you mean you feel lonely, I am right here next to you," Alec said, "you have me." 

"No, Alec," Jane clarified, "not like that lonely." Alec looked at his sister with a confused expression. "Like, I want someone that loves me and accepts me for who I am," Jane continued, "Like a mate."

"Like a mate?" Alec asked, "Your La Tua Contente?"

"Something like that," Jane answered, looking down at her feet as her brother rubbed her back comforting. Then the guard common room door swung open and Demetri was at the entrance of the door.

"You are finally back from your mission," Alec commented staring at Demetri.

"They want you two in the throne room now," Demetri announced looking at Jane and Alec, "there is a trial to do."

"Who?" Jane asked, sitting up straighter while staring back at Demetri. 

"Brenton Smith," Demetri responded, smirking.