Chapter 1

The rain poured on the glass ceiling as Brenton Smith was lying down on the antique lounge chair, his scarlet red eyes watching at the rain drops hitting the glass of the sunroom. Brenton closed his eyes as the sound of the rain soothed his tiring soul.

Then three knocks came from the front door, Brenton immediately opened his eyes and got up and ran vampire-speed to the door; he peered through the decorated, stained windows of the door to see who would be requiring his attention. It was two man with black robes with the letter "V" crests on a chain around their necks, one was taller than the other but both muscular and both had crimson eyes. 

Brenton opened the door to greet them. "Hello, gentleman," he greeted, "How may I assist you today?" Glancing at both men individually.

The bigger one spoke first ,"We are here to speak to Brenton Smith about some...matters."

"Oh, I see," Brenton cautiously commented, " that is I." 

"May we discuss these matters with you, Mr. Smith?" the shorter asked. 

Brenton smiled and moved to the side and hand gestured the two strange men to come in, "Please make yourself at home," Brenton said invitingly to his unexpected guests, both men looked at each other and walked into their host's home. As both men entered his home Brenton closed the door behind them and walked them towards the sitting room, the two gentlemen sat down an antique love seat as Brenton sat across from them. 

"Mr. Brenton Smith, I am Demetri and this is Felix, " the shorter one, Demetri, announced calmly, "We are here on the behalf of Master Aro from The Volturi."

"Oh," Brenton murmured, " Why?" 

"Brenton, we are here to escort you to Volterra, Italy for your trial," Demetri answered as Felix  was staring down on him, from behind him. 

"You are coming with us, even if you like it or not," Felix growled at Brenton, glaring at him. 

________________________________________________________________________________

*Image belongs to it's rightful owner